Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Toaster Oven vs. Convection Oven, pros and cons, please

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 5:48 pm
The Nine Days are here and I am desperately looking for a toaster oven so I can prepare dairy meals. I would like an oven that would fit a disposable 9x13 aluminum pan/tray. Does that exist? Also one that does not get too hot on the outside so it won't melt my formica counters. Please let me know if you have one to suggest that you are happy with. Also in the area of $50.00 if that's possible, since I won't be using it except for the Nine Days and before Shavuos. We mostly enjoy meat meals the rest of the year.
Oh, and finally, what is a Convection oven, and how does it compare to a regular toaster oven?
TIA

creditcards

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 5:57 pm
A covection oven is a little bigger than a toaster oven. It has the option of being both toaster and convection.

I got this for Pesach. It fits a 9x13 pan.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw.....psc=1

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 5:59 pm
Convection ovens to not bake evenly so you're better off with a toaster oven.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:27 pm
My toaster oven also has the option for convection bake. I use convection bake when I use both shelves of the toaster oven. The one I have fits two 9x13 pans

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:01 pm
If you're concerned about damaging your Formica, put ceramic tiles underneath the oven. Toaster ovens all get hot — they aren't insulated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen