Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What annoys you most?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:56 am
momx6 wrote:
People who eat at a pizza shop and don't clear off the table after they're done eating. Drives me bananas. (pizza shop doesn't have a guy regularly clearing the tables)

I do clear up after myself, but someone I know told me that for her, eating out has the bonus of not having to clean up after herself. She feels that that's what she's paying for when eating out....

Sadie

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:30 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I do clear up after myself, but someone I know told me that for her, eating out has the bonus of not having to clean up after herself. She feels that that's what she's paying for when eating out....

I also enjoy not having to clean up after myself, but picking up a tray and dumping an empty paper plate and some napkins into a garbage can isn’t hard. And if it is too hard, this person should go to a place that has table service. In a fast food place it’s polite to throw out your own trash.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:32 pm
Chayalle wrote:

We discussed it here once. The local pizza stores where I live hire a guy to clean the tables. They get annoyed if you do it. I do make the table neat though and put everything into the tray.

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:33 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Nail clipping on the subway is my biggest pet peeve.

I have personally witnessed nail clipping onto the floor of my pediatrician’s waiting room. My mouth may or may not have been hanging open in utter shock.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:13 pm
People who park in handicapped spots! Even if you're just running in to get a child from a babysitter and left your car door open for the 5 minutes it takes- yes, this actually happened- it's not okay. Also, people who use the one handicapped spot as a personal loading zone when picking up someone at the grocery store, or who park in the spot and sit while the wife shops - probably don't realize how unacceptable it is. Also, people who think the yellow lines next to the spot is reserved just for them to park so I can't lower my wheelchair ramp - not okay! I guess some people just don't realize...

tymama

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:02 pm
amother wrote:
People who park in handicapped spots! Even if you're just running in to get a child from a babysitter and left your car door open for the 5 minutes it takes- yes, this actually happened- it's not okay. Also, people who use the one handicapped spot as a personal loading zone when picking up someone at the grocery store, or who park in the spot and sit while the wife shops - probably don't realize how unacceptable it is. Also, people who think the yellow lines next to the spot is reserved just for them to park so I can't lower my wheelchair ramp - not okay! I guess some people just don't realize...

We have a handicap placard for my dd and my dh will always yell at anyone parked in a handicap spot when they’re not supposed to. My dd doesn’t always need it so we don’t always use it to save for someone who needs it more. Most people witll apologize and move. Some will be obnoxious and stay. Those annoy me the most

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:05 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I have personally witnessed nail clipping onto the floor of my pediatrician’s waiting room. My mouth may or may not have been hanging open in utter shock.

I once witnessed someone in the airport whip out a clipper and begin clipping her TOENAILS.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
I once witnessed someone in the airport whip out a clipper and begin clipping her TOENAILS.

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Wow! That's... impressive.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
Similar: ppl who stop to talk in doorways or ppl who stop at the top/bottom of subway stairs/turnstiles to gather and figure out where they’re going.

MOVE TO THE SIDE AND LET PEOPLE PASS!

This is embarrassing but I was one of those people. I think it's genetic because my father was like that - I remember my mom always telling him off for blocking other people. I didn't realize I did the same until I got married and my dh would always guide my cart out of the way and I would be like what are you doing? and he would say "you're blocking the aisle" - I honestly was unaware but I now pay more attention to my surroundings. It comes naturally to some but some of us have to actually make the effort to not be so selfish/spaced out.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
When you say "excuse me" the people blocking the aisle move. What's the big deal?

Half the time, they're so engrossed in their conversation it takes a couple of "excuse mes" to get them to move.

soap suds

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:17 pm
amother wrote:
People who complain about they're kids in front of people who dont have kids.

People who eat with their mouths open.

People who complain about their kids in front of their kids!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:17 pm
BORO PARK double parking on alternate side days....
People will seriously box you in so that you can’t move your car for 1 1/2 hrs..
Well not really MOST annoying, but VERY annoying.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:08 am
negativity
it can be contagious

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:18 am
flowerpower wrote:
We discussed it here once. The local pizza stores where I live hire a guy to clean the tables. They get annoyed if you do it. I do make the table neat though and put everything into the tray.

Yep and the one the op wrote Very Happy
clean up at fast food
move to the side

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 6:09 am
amother wrote:
BORO PARK double parking on alternate side days....
People will seriously box you in so that you can’t move your car for 1 1/2 hrs..
Well not really MOST annoying, but VERY annoying.

Why don't you have them towed?

Emotional

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 6:32 am
Chronic complainers.
People who feel the need to "one-up" someone else who is unburdening themselves, to show "oh yeah? I've got it worse." A.K.A. victim mentality.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:10 am
Jealous people who make jealous comments and people who pressure you to come to your summer home.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:21 am
amother wrote:
Why don't you have them towed?

Its a time-honored NY tradition. Sometimes they'll move for you. Sometimes. No, I don't get it, but I'm not a native NYer.

Anyway ... people who foment dissent and create drama to ruin someone else's simcha.

zaq

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 6:58 pm
Courtesy of Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado:

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!
There's the pestilential nuisances who write for autographs —
All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs —
All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat —
All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like that —
And all third persons who on spoiling tête-á-têtes insist —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed!

[Chorus]
He's got 'em on the list — he's got 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed — they'll none of 'em be missed

[KO-KO]
There's the banjo serenader, and the others of his race
And the piano-organist — I've got him on the list!
And the people who eat peppermint and puff it in your face
They never would be missed — they never would be missed!
Then the idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone
All centuries but this, and every country but his own;
And the lady from the provinces, who dresses like a guy
And who "doesn't think she dances, but would rather like to try";
And that singular anomaly, the lady novelist —
I don't think she'd be missed — I'm sure she'd not he missed!

[Chorus]
He's got her on the list — he's got her on the list;
And I don't think she'll be missed — I'm sure she'll not be missed!

[KO-KO]
And that Nisi Prius nuisance, who just now is rather rife
The Judicial humorist — I've got him on the list!
All funny fellows, comic men, and clowns of private life —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed
And apologetic statesmen of a compromising kind
Such as — What d'ye call him — Thing'em-bob, and likewise — Never-mind
And 'St— 'st— 'st— and What's-his-name, and also You-know-who —
The task of filling up the blanks I'd rather leave to you
But it really doesn't matter whom you put upon the list
For they'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed!

[Chorus]
You may put 'em on the list — you may put 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed — they'll none of 'em be missed!

hodeez

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 7:12 pm
I can't stand when people put food on their plates and then leave it untouched. What a waste. The host can't put it back and spent money time and effort on that steak you're not eating.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette