Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Graco snugride Question

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:43 pm
I am about to install a new Graco snugride carseat (I have a 4-door car)
and was wondering:

Is it safer to put the seat behind the driver's seat or behind the front passenger seat?

The manual doesnt mention anything about the best position for a newborn or infant. I don't know if it makes any difference what side it's on, for that matter.

I have DD's toddler carseat directly behind the front passenger but can switch it if necessary.

If you have any info, please post! TIA! Smile

Twizzlers

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 7:25 pm
the safest place for any car seat is in the middle seat. the reasoning behind this is if a car would chas veshalom crash into either side, the baby would be the furthest possible away from the impact.

of course its physically alot easier to put a child in to a car seat when its right next to the door....

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 7:38 pm
For some reason I heard it's safest behind the driver's seat, but I personally always felt better if it was behind the passenger seat bc then I could more easily check the baby....

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:17 pm
Thanks for the info. I never considered the middle seat option...
I can see it being inconvenient, but safety comes first obviously...

mimsy7420

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 6:37 am
I installed mine in the middle because its the safest, but yes it is inconvenient.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:50 am
Quote:
the safest place for any car seat is in the middle seat. the reasoning behind this is if a car would chas veshalom crash into either side, the baby would be the furthest possible away from the impact.

I guess you mean if the baby is the only passenger in the back of the car. Cause if there are other kids, and CH"V there is a crash, whats the difference WHO is sitting on the side? Someones gotta sit there!

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:03 am
amother wrote:
Quote:

I guess you mean if the baby is the only passenger in the back of the car. Cause if there are other kids, and CH"V there is a crash, whats the difference WHO is sitting on the side? Someones gotta sit there!

I was thinking the same thing.
I can put the newborn iyh in the middle but DD will still have to sit on either side, or vice versa... how do you decide something like this... Confused

jemappelle

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 7:40 am
Also to consider, if you put two car seats together (one in center, one on side) this gives the older child opportunity to harrass the younger one as you drive! - I was afraid my older one might innocently toss his sippy cup or something into the infant seat so I chose to put one child on each side. If need be I sit in between.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars