Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Weekend getaway ideas, tristate, near minyan

Pickle1

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 12:41 pm
looking for an affordable (under $1000) weekend getaway for our family (5 kids)
has to be within 1 mile walk to a minyan
any ideas?
willing to bring our own food and linen

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:38 pm
Try hotelsnearshuls.com. Also look into Tannersville - Greene Mountain Inn and Country K Suites are both frum-owned, but there are other options as well, all near multiple minyanim, and you can bring your own food. And the scenery is stunning!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:47 pm
Newport.
Montreal
Philadelphia
Washington DC
Boston
Onset, ma

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:54 pm
Last year we rented a complete house, w/above ground, backyard pool around the corner from the Main Street in Hunter (walking distance from shul) for about $250-/nt. via Home Away/VRBO.

proudmomma

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
Last year we rented a complete house, w/above ground, backyard pool around the corner from the Main Street in Hunter (walking distance from shul) for about $250-/nt. via Home Away/VRBO.

Hi! Would you please post a link? I spent hours searching for a house with pool near a shul , with no success.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 3:43 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Hi! Would you please post a link? I spent hours searching for a house with pool near a shul , with no success.

https://www.vrbo.com/4332877ha

Unfortunately, it looks like they added a hot tub and raised the rates Sad . You can try that website for other properties, however. We had a very good experience.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:42 pm
In hunter there are homes for rent walkiing distance to the shul - but most are run down and expensive - but there are some. (I didn't find any with pools)

proudmomma

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:

Unfortunately, it looks like they added a hot tub and raised the rates Sad . You can try that website for other properties, however. We had a very good experience.

Thanks loads! Unfortunately it is booked for everything weekend this summer. Because of our work schedules I can only get away for the weekends.
Anyone else found something walking distance from a shul?
Tia

proudmomma

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 7:24 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks loads! Unfortunately it is booked for everything weekend this summer. Because of our work schedules I can only get away for the weekends.
Anyone else found something walking distance from a shul?
Tia

Pickle1

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 7:47 pm
thanks for all the responses..will checkout vrbo and homeaway and see if there's anything still avail. a house would definitely be the best option - can't be stuck in a hotel with 5 kids for shabbos

mommy201

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 12:24 pm
How would I figure out beforehand if the homes are walking distance to a shul if there is no address provided?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 12:52 pm
mommy201 wrote:
How would I figure out beforehand if the homes are walking distance to a shul if there is no address provided?

You can get an idea of where they are by clicking on the “map” tab.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 3:20 pm
So where did you go? We are looking to get away for this shabbos or next?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
You can get an idea of where they are by clicking on the “map” tab.

On the map you can tell how far the houses are from either the hunter or tannersville shul. To be sure before booking message teh owner and ask for distance from teh shul address.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics