Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO interesting place for adults within 2 hours of Lakewood

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 3:36 am
Where can adults go with interesting sightseeing thats maximum a 2 hour drive from Lakewood? We like mansions.

We'd especially like a place with kosher restaurants.

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 3:50 am
How about the Frick Collection in NYC? Lots of European Old Master painting in an opulent Gilded Age mansion on 5th Ave in NYC (where kosher dining options abound).

There is also a mansion (Skyland Manor) in the NJ Botanical Garden

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 4:12 am
OP here. Thanks for above suggestion but let me clarify. I live in NYC and will be in Lakewood and looking to go somewhere within 1-2 hours of Lakewood (preferably with kosher restaurants), but not in or near NYC, because we are familiar w NYC because we live there, and not northern NJ because thats totally out of the way of Lakewood thats in Southern Jersey.

Any ideas of what to do in or near Philly, and is there a kosher pizza shop in Philly?

benny

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 4:59 am
Have you ever been to franklin institute? Not mansions, but interesting. The mint. And yes there’s Kosher pizza there.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:26 am
Longwood Gardens (really gorgeous imho) in Chester County, PA has the Peirce-Du-Pont House. Just under 2 hours from Lakewood, but I don't know about restaurants.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:38 am
Winterthur museum in Delaware set in the huge Due Pont mansion, also under 2 hours from Lakewood, is 15 minutes from Longwood Gardens.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:47 am
Someone posted what looked like some kind of art garden on Instagram and sadly I can not remember the name although I’ve tried googling. I believe it was in NJ and for some reason I think started with an H but I could be wrong about that.

ETA - maybe it’s this
http://www.groundsforsculpture.org

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:54 am
amother wrote:
Longwood Gardens (really gorgeous imho) in Chester County, PA has the Peirce-Du-Pont House. Just under 2 hours from Lakewood, but I don't know about restaurants.

This.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:07 am
Newark Museum (about an hour and 15 from Lakewood) has the Ballantine House and is very close to Elizabeth (Jerusalem Pizza, Chinese, etc.)

animeme

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:38 am
Yes, Longwood Gardens. The outdoor gardens, the enclosed extensive greenhouse... The fountain light show at night is spectacular.

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 4:19 pm
Longwood Gardens is excellent. If you want another option, look into Duke Farms in NJ.

sky

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:46 pm
Longwood gardens (beautiful gardens and water and light show)
Duke gardens (gardens, walking paths, cheap bike rentals)
Hagley institute (DuPont museum, old mansion, demonstration of gunpowder, walking paths)
Fort Deleware (ferry to old fort from fort Mott)
Batsto village (old iron work village)
Princeton canoing
Downstream canoeing in the pine barrens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics