Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Online Shopping Disaster with Zara's
1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:29 am
To me the moral of the story is to shop locally but what happened was that my daughter in Crown Heights who lives in an apartment building ordered from Zara's as she had done many times before and someone in the building signed for the order when it arrived but she never got it. There are all types of people in that building. Zara's apparently has a statement in their terms and conditions that you have to check when you make the purchase that they are not responsible for stolen packages. This is the second time that it happened with Zara's and the first time they replaced the package but this time they won't. It was challenged on the charge card but if Zara's sticks to their story and claims that they are not at fault, then my daughter is out $75.80.

Their facebook site is full of complaints about their customer service but since I am no longer on facebook I could only see a few of the complaints but my daughter says that there are numerous complaints but because they are a large company and probably get a lot of fake claims of theft, they don't take any of them seriously anymore. My daughter was a loyal customer but won't make another purchase.

From what I understand even companies such as Amazon is making it harder for people who buy and return frequently.

I find that with anything that requires fitting such as clothing and shoes, it is better to go to a store in person and take the time to make sure that it fits than to deal with package theft, which is rampant today, or with flimsy return policies.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:41 am
I don't know that the store is necessarily to blame. How are they supposed to run a business if they are expected to constantly replace lost packages, especially ones delivered t bad neighborhoods where package theft is common? Sounds like they did accommodate her once..

When we lived in an apartment building, I had packages delivered to my office so I knew they would come directly to me and not be stolen.

I work full time and have bH a house full of kids. I don't have time (for the most part) to shop in physical stores, so I do 90% of my shopping online. I have had packages lost and packages stolen too, but have almost never had an issue either getting a replacement or a refund in those instances.

I think the moral of the story is: if you live in an area where package theft is rampant, try and get creative- can you have your package delivered to a family member in a better neighborhood? To your office? Your husband's office? And of course, try to shop at stores & sites that will accommodate you should you have an issue with your delivery.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:45 am
My mother always has her packages shipped to her friends private house for this reason. My mother lives in an apartment building and works all day.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:52 am
If your daughter knows that there is an issue with packages being stolen, does she really think it's fair to the store to make it their problem? They did their part, delivered the product. How much does she expect really?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:58 am
groovy1224 wrote:
I don't know that the store is necessarily to blame. How are they supposed to run a business if they are expected to constantly replace lost packages, especially ones delivered t bad neighborhoods where package theft is common? Sounds like they did accommodate her once..

When we lived in an apartment building, I had packages delivered to my office so I knew they would come directly to me and not be stolen.

I work full time and have bH a house full of kids. I don't have time (for the most part) to shop in physical stores, so I do 90% of my shopping online. I have had packages lost and packages stolen too, but have almost never had an issue either getting a replacement or a refund in those instances.

I think the moral of the story is: if you live in an area where package theft is rampant, try and get creative- can you have your package delivered to a family member in a better neighborhood? To your office? Your husband's office? And of course, try to shop at stores & sites that will accommodate you should you have an issue with your delivery.

Apparently Zaras is not so gracious anymore about replacing and refunding which is a good reason to avoid shopping on their site. Because of the loss of money, they are losing her as a customer which is also fair and is her choice. The customer service department was very aggravating and offered her nothing. Even a discount for a future purchase would have helped somewhat, even if they refused to take responsibility for the stolen package. Their site does state in terms and conditions that they are not responsible for stolen packages so they don't do anything if it is mis-delivered. I filed a complaint on her behalf with the NY state attorney general's office.

I personally get better service in stores and find it worth the trip because things that don't fit need to be returned but I agree that finding another place to have packages delivered could solve a lot of headaches.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
If your daughter knows that there is an issue with packages being stolen, does she really think it's fair to the store to make it their problem? They did their part, delivered the product. How much does she expect really?

They probably mis-delivered it. I think she expects what she ordered. Someone signed for it using part of her name but not at her apartment. Her door faces a different direction from the rest of the building. Most people in the building do get packages and the frum Jews try to watch out for thieves, who also probably live in the building. They Whatapp each other when packages arrive.

If you order a package and they deliver it to the wrong address, do you expect the store to replace it?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:11 pm
Could she contact the delivery service and complain that she wasn't the one who signed for the package.

chatz

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:14 pm
She may also be able to file a claim with the delivery service.

I also live in crown heights and my building is generally safe. There was a period of time when packages were getting stolen so I stopped ordering online. It was very frustrating, because I work during the day.

My experience with Amazon with lost or stolen packages has been amazing. Also target.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:19 pm
Not a fan of zara. I ordered a skirt that pilled after one wear; they claimed it wasn't a defect and wouldn't refund me.

Not a fan.

I prefer h&m; topshop; Nordstrom.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
Could she contact the delivery service and complain that she wasn't the one who signed for the package.

I'm going to pass on that idea. Thanks!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:33 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Not a fan of zara. I ordered a skirt that pilled after one wear; they claimed it wasn't a defect and wouldn't refund me.

Not a fan.

I prefer h&m; topshop; Nordstrom.

Apparently defective merchandise is a common complaint against Zara.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:49 pm
Zara's customer service in general is awful. I had a knit cardigan from them that u raveled the first time my girls wore it. It didnt snag on anything, didn't tear, the knitting simply unraveled. And after sending them pictures at their request, and going back and forth with them a million times, they told me too bad, they are not taking it back or replacing it. I had to go buy a new top for that shabbos skirt for the rest of the season.
Another time, I paid extra to get a package before yom tov, paid for overnoght or 2 day, I dont remember which, and the package came over a week later, at the end of chol hamoed. They refused to even reimburse the extra money I paid for the expedited shipping!

I could go on and on, with stories from myself and friends. I no longer shop at zara anymore for that reason. Its just not worth it. They dont stand behind their product, even when it's clearly defective.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 4:01 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Zara's customer service in general is awful. I had a knit cardigan from them that u raveled the first time my girls wore it. It didnt snag on anything, didn't tear, the knitting simply unraveled. And after sending them pictures at their request, and going back and forth with them a million times, they told me too bad, they are not taking it back or replacing it. I had to go buy a new top for that shabbos skirt for the rest of the season.
Another time, I paid extra to get a package before yom tov, paid for overnoght or 2 day, I dont remember which, and the package came over a week later, at the end of chol hamoed. They refused to even reimburse the extra money I paid for the expedited shipping!

I could go on and on, with stories from myself and friends. I no longer shop at zara anymore for that reason. Its just not worth it. They dont stand behind their product, even when it's clearly defective.

Apparently they get lots of bad reviews about their products and service.

happy12

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 6:59 pm
I ordered shoes and sent two pairs back. They credit me for one. I called and complain ed. They admitted they got back two pairs but claimed one pair was worn. My daughter tried them on and they were too small so went right back in the box and sent back the next day. They refused to refund for second pair so I said send it back I will save for next daughter. They said they cant. So this is the ome and only time I contested the charge. They admitted to the credit card company they got 2 pairs. Within 48 hours I had my refund.
They lost a customer.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 8:42 pm
I got a dress once that pimpled really bad before I even washed it. I sent them a picture and a description. They refused to do anything about it.

esther990

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:03 am
file a dispute with your credit card

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:13 am
1- To most people losing $75.00 is aggravating but not super pitifully tragic.

2- If the OP's daughter were the owner of a shop and the same customer claimed twice that their package was lost and wants their money refunded or the merchandise replaced, how would your daughter handle it as the store owner?

Ideally the merchants should have a no questions asked policy, and constantly offer refunds, but then all customers including your daughter, would be paying way higher prices.

reality mom

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:19 am
There should be a system that instead of "signing" for a delivey, a verification code sent with the shipping email notofication should be entered in the keypad. And/or a display of ID.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:26 am
reality mom wrote:
There should be a system that instead of "signing" for a delivey, a verification code sent with the shipping email notofication should be entered in the keypad. And/or a display of ID.

Anything more complicated than whats done now, will raise shipping prices.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:24 am
I returned an item I bought online and was told there was no record of me having bought it to begin with. I offered to email the order confirmation, credit card statement showing I paid etc etc. I was talking to the walls.

Eventually Visa refunded my money, I haven't ordered anything from Zaras since.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics