Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup over yomtov solution

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:10 pm
This probably won't be helpful to most of you who love love your makeup, but here's what worked for me.

One day I realized that I could go to work without makeup and get all of my work done and no one would even care. So I did that. It may have been once when I was tanned and a bit more confident then usual, but it worked. Then I realized how precious five minutes was to me in the morning so I actually just stopped putting it on regularly. No one died. One spiteful woman did mention that I looked "tired" at first, but truthfully she always had something to say to me, so that breezed right from one ear through the other.

Once in a while, for a wedding or special occasion I do put on makeup, and that feels great. But now people are so used to how I look without makeup that I also feel great without it. I never have to worry about sneaking out to the mikvah without makeup or makeup for three day chagim - if it's too much, I just won't do it!

I know that won't work for many, and I'm not judging you if it doesn't. But if you're stressed out from wearing makeup, consider not wearing makeup, even if everyone around you is doing it.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:15 pm
Very true but now that I'm fatter than I used to be I feel that I look prettier naturally also.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:17 pm
I really wish that I should be able to leave my house without makeup. But I have acne so I need to put on makeup every time I leave the house.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:23 pm
Very nice that that is working out for you. I envy you.

I hate what I see in the mirror in the morning without any make-up. I don't spend a ton of time on it, but I need something on my eyes (liner on lids and brows done) and a little gloss on my lips to bring me to life. Without this minimum on I wont even go to the grocery store or drive carpool.

Shabbos and YT are hard for me. I keep my sunglasses on everywhere I go.

Also, I assume your DH is happy with the way you look in your natural state. Mine isn't. Mine wants to pay a non-Jewish make-up artist to come put make-up on me over YT. I declined, not because I don't agree I will look and feel better, but because I find it embarrassing and also people in the neighborhood may assume I've started putting on make-up on YT.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
This probably won't be helpful to most of you who love love your makeup, but here's what worked for me.

One day I realized that I could go to work without makeup and get all of my work done and no one would even care. So I did that. It may have been once when I was tanned and a bit more confident then usual, but it worked. Then I realized how precious five minutes was to me in the morning so I actually just stopped putting it on regularly. No one died. One spiteful woman did mention that I looked "tired" at first, but truthfully she always had something to say to me, so that breezed right from one ear through the other.

Once in a while, for a wedding or special occasion I do put on makeup, and that feels great. But now people are so used to how I look without makeup that I also feel great without it. I never have to worry about sneaking out to the mikvah without makeup or makeup for three day chagim - if it's too much, I just won't do it!

I know that won't work for many, and I'm not judging you if it doesn't. But if you're stressed out from wearing makeup, consider not wearing makeup, even if everyone around you is doing it.
This only works for people who look okay without makeup.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:55 pm
Op this isn’t exactly a makeup solution.
This is just not wearing any and that doesn’t work for many.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics