Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Help!

njwife

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:26 pm
Hi! I need some help with my wigs-I get MASSIVE headaches every day from my wigs...I use the band and when the band pulls on my hair and then the wig pulls back over the day from gravity and friction...I get massive huge headaches. I take Advil every day when I get home. Sad I tried using the clips and it’s even worse. Anyone have any tips?
Crying

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:50 pm
I find that wearing my sheitel a bit farther forward decreases the pulling.

tachles

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:10 pm
First make sure the cap isn’t too small for you, you can go to a macher and have them size you, and compare your current sheitel to one that’s larger.

Second, get a nylon wig cap it looks like pantyhose but for your head, you stick all your hair in it and it should help reduce the pulling on your own hair.

champagne

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:33 pm

Last edited by champagne on Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 12:18 am
teachkids wrote:
I find that wearing my sheitel a bit farther forward decreases the pulling.

This for sure. If you have a high farhead, it shouldn't be a problem.

Does your cap fit properly? Maybe remove all clips and have some velvet sewn in where the clips usually are.

njwife

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 12:41 pm
It’s not the wig, the wig itself is very loose. It’s haveing something on my head in general, and then even more so when the wig on my head needs to be held in place. The front above my temple is the worst part, right when I put something over there, like my wig grip pulling on the hair, or velour pulling on the hair, I start getting headaches. Then I have to tuck my short pony in underneath and it pulls the front even more. I’m going crazy, and I don’t know who can help-the shaitel machers I use never heard of this. Is there anyone who has this too?? Or is there someone I can go to for a wig consultation? Please say someone has an idea Crying

oneofakind

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 12:44 pm
Maybe a thinner or shorter wig?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 12:46 pm
The net shouldn't be loose so that it shouldn't need anything to hold it in place. It shouldn't be tight either.

It doesn't sound like you can handle a full heavy wig either.

Have you ever tried any other wigs or is this your only one? Maybe you have a really uncomfortable net.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels