Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Newborn clothes Italy or brand name or used stores for these
1  2  Next

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:51 am
Newborn clothes Italian looking or brand names, at much cheaper than usual? Or good used stores for "Williamsburg " kind of taste. Rolling Eyes
Where so I buy? TIA

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
Newborn clothes Italian looking or brand names, at much cheaper than usual? Or good used stores for "Williamsburg " kind of taste. Rolling Eyes
Where so I buy? TIA

Does the new used store called Colthesout sell newborn?

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 1:46 pm
eBay? Mercari? Swap groups on FB?

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 1:49 pm
What do Italian/Williamsburg style baby clothes look like? I’d love to see some pictures!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:07 pm
Italian? what is that? I doubt it's more Italian than pasta and meatballs :p

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:17 pm
Try gilt, zulily, and overstock.com
Williamsburg stores also have really great sales. Casual place has an outlet store on Woolworth with great prices.

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:18 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Italian? what is that? I doubt it's more Italian than pasta and meatballs :p

Some brands really are Italian. But she probably means European, like the Spanish brand mayoral. I love their baby clothes.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:34 pm
Thanks all! I have where to start with your tips. My son's first baby is here B"H and daughter is expecting B"H and I don't wanna spend a lot. But Williamsburg's peer pressure is HUGE. Please keep tips coming.

What other brands besides for Mayoral? Thank!

peacenine

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:38 pm
Whoopi has a layette sale twice a year. They go 60% off.
I am not familiar with all children store in Williamsburg but they should go on sale too.
Century 21 in paramus also has many newborn cloths. Sometimes they have nice European things too.

(Edited to add)

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks all! I have where to start with your tips. My son's first baby is here B"H and daughter is expecting B"H and I don't wanna spend a lot. But Williamsburg's peer pressure is HUGE. Please keep tips coming.

What other brands besides for Mayoral? Thank!

Check out Childrensalon.com some of their brands are ridiculously expensive but others are reasonable and most of their baby clothes are Williamsburg worthy;)

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:49 pm
Also for a bris outfit I got a beautiful knit set from Zara which people were sure cost at least 200$

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 3:04 pm
I'll let you know what I find. I hear that clothesout has plenty of nice things but not a lot in newborn.

daagahminayin wrote:
What do Italian/Williamsburg style baby clothes look like? I’d love to see some pictures!

You name says it, If you live in a area that has less peer pressure it's surely "daagah minayin". Keeping up with the natives here is impossible. I will encourage my kids to move out to areas that don't make us slaves to fashion and slaves to lavish simchas. Then people have to work overtime or do dreidlech for section 8.

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:

You name says it, If you live in a area that has less peer pressure it's surely "daagah minayin". Keeping up with the natives here is impossible. I will encourage my kids to move out to areas that don't make us slaves to fashion and slaves to lavish simchas. Then people have to work overtime or do dreidlech for section 8.

Yup, you’re right, I do live out of town and don’t experience the peer pressure I read about here, BH. I love it! But I’m also fascinated with the in-town frum culture that I’ve never been a part of.

EMEN

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:26 pm
Petit Bateau, Frenchy Yummy are some names

EMEN

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:27 pm
You can look here for ideas: https://www.littleloungersbaby.....yette

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:34 pm
Does it have to be a brand name? Just find nice knits. Who's looking down the baby's back for the tag? Buy what looks good to you and your children. I love beautiful clothes and always buy them, but I don't look for brand names.

And Century 21 in downtown Manhattan has a great layette department.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 6:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Does it have to be a brand name? Just find nice knits. Who's looking down the baby's back for the tag? Buy what looks good to you and your children. I love beautiful clothes and always buy them, but I don't look for brand names.

And Century 21 in downtown Manhattan has a great layette department.

I agree in 2018 brand names on layette are NOT necessary. I live in Williamsburg and I love brand names but on layettes you can get the lill leggs ribbed footies and tottini stuff and the baby will look adorable.
Tottini just opened a store in boro park and less than $20 a piece.
I dont buy expensive for babies, they look adorable in anything. No need to worry about figures like my 12 yr old!

bestme

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:14 pm
Therealreal.com is a second hand luxury website. Just make sure son-in-law or daughter -in-law is comfortable with their child wearing second hand clothing.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
I agree in 2018 brand names on layette are NOT necessary. I live in Williamsburg and I love brand names but on layettes you can get the lill leggs ribbed footies and tottini stuff and the baby will look adorable.
Tottini just opened a store in boro park and less than $20 a piece.
I dont buy expensive for babies, they look adorable in anything. No need to worry about figures like my 12 yr old!

Where's the BP Tottini store and do they just have toddler sizes?

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:21 pm
Where did Tottini open in BP?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics