Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What camp for dd
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 3:12 pm
Camp Bais Yaakov is very yeshivish, with almost half the camp from Lakewood, and a nice amount of OOT girls as well. Very makpid on outside influences.

Tehilla is new and still small, which is great as far as not getting lost in the crowd. Also yeshivish and very frum.

Malka is VERY jappy and if your dd doesnt have the nicest clothes I would stay far away. A sizable amount of "heimish" girls go there.

Bnos is less jappy than Malka, more yeshivish, but still competitive. I find that girls who go there develop needs in order to keep up socially. They are very into sports though so dd might like that aspect.

BRC is a great mix of yeshivish but not nerdy. Their program is phenomenal and the girls there seem very happy. I only know yeshivish girls from Brooklyn and Lakewood that go there so I can't tell you about the number of OOT girls that go there.

Chaviva is a great camp, but less yeshivish and a bit more open-minded. In fact, their theme was "social media" Instagram or something this past summer.

I don't know anything about Agudah Midwest except that it has a high percentage of OOT girls.

I may be wrong but those are my impressions of these camps (I work in a camp so we tend to compare).

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 3:26 pm
Aguda midwest or sternberg. I think aguda is a bit more right wing, but sternberg has a mix and also has very solid girls.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
Camp Bais Yaakov is very yeshivish, with almost half the camp from Lakewood, and a nice amount of OOT girls as well. Very makpid on outside influences.

Tehilla is new and still small, which is great as far as not getting lost in the crowd. Also yeshivish and very frum.

Malka is VERY jappy and if your dd doesnt have the nicest clothes I would stay far away. A sizable amount of "heimish" girls go there.

Bnos is less jappy than Malka, more yeshivish, but still competitive. I find that girls who go there develop needs in order to keep up socially. They are very into sports though so dd might like that aspect.

BRC is a great mix of yeshivish but not nerdy. Their program is phenomenal and the girls there seem very happy. I only know yeshivish girls from Brooklyn and Lakewood that go there so I can't tell you about the number of OOT girls that go there.

Chaviva is a great camp, but less yeshivish and a bit more open-minded. In fact, their theme was "social media" Instagram or something this past summer.

I don't know anything about Agudah Midwest except that it has a high percentage of OOT girls.

I may be wrong but those are my impressions of these camps (I work in a camp so we tend to compare).

Is Bnos really so into sports? Dd doesn't like a whole day of sports (1 activity a day with a sports game is enough) [skating, ropes course, swimming, dancing activities she likes and doesn't consider sports - just active].
From what I remember from being a camper there, activities were very varied, with just one sports game a day. Bnos didn't have as many sports activities as camps Bais Yaakov, Hadar and Fay-gah.

Shuly

Post Mon, Sep 24 2018, 1:13 pm
Find out where the girls in her class are going and send her with a girl you think would be a good influence on her.
It's very hard to go to camp not knowing anyone. I went with one friend who didn't come back the second year but it was fine because by then I had made new camp friends.

heidi

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 1:45 pm
Dina is great for out of town girls.

mom2be

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 9:35 pm
Does anyone know what type of girls go to kolos?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:01 pm
Tehilla is pretty yeshivish.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:55 pm
Camp ohr chedva

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:55 pm
my daughter loves ohr chedva

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:59 pm
Maarava
We are oot, my daughter had phenomenal time there!
My next daughter going into 7th wants to go to BY or BRC. We are oot, and she has several friends going

Where are you from?

malky800

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 1:37 pm
Is bais yaakov considered intown?
I'm also coming from out of town, where we wear simple shabbos clothes, etc.
Will my daughter be thrown off there?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:07 pm
mom2be wrote:
Does anyone know what type of girls go to kolos?

Many girls who originally went to Camp Shira. More in-town, Brooklyn crowd.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:07 pm
malky800 wrote:
Is bais yaakov considered intown?
I'm also coming from out of town, where we wear simple shabbos clothes, etc.
Will my daughter be thrown off there?

Second-half is considered more chilled. Lots of OOT girls, more simple.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:11 pm
Maarava! My girls say it's a more yeshivish crowd than Agudah Midwest.

malky800

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:35 pm
Anyone has the contact information for morava?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:38 pm
malky800 wrote:
Anyone has the contact information for morava?

If you mean Bnos Ma'arava in Indiana, then the phone number is 847-696-6800

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:25 am
Regarding Kolos, we live OOT and there are plenty of OOT girls there. My daughter has been going there for the past 3 years and loves it! Her bunks have been a mix of girls from Baltimore, Chicago, LA, Lakewood and NY (Monsey, 5 Towns, and actually none from Brooklyn). Yeshivish crowd, with plenty of working parents.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Kolos. We are very happy with it.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:50 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Are you looking for her to mingle with lots of kids from Lakewood, Brooklyn, etc. or keep the OOT in her Very Happy?

I think she will be more comfortable in a camp that has some OOT girls. Yeshivish no influence of internet and movies and social media

samkorn

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:41 pm
Camp Bnos Naaleh a brand new camp for more yeshivish My daughter has a bunch of friends that are planning on going I think they are advertising this week
Mrs Lifshits from flatbush and Esty gross from Toronto are running it
Amazing trips creative workshops sports beautiful campus

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:06 pm
Following..
Want more info on Bnos Naaleh
I also saw ads for a new camp lahav.
Anybody know any details about these 2 new camps?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics