Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Printing my own bar mitzvah invitations

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 1:08 pm
Has anyone done this and can advise? I'd like to print the post cards to send out for the Kiddush. I see lots of English templates online. Where can I find a standard Hebrew one? Where can I get appropriate paper/ cardstock to print on? (Lakewood) I'm really cutting it close timewise so any help is appreciated. TIA

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 1:12 pm
I would recommend going to Staples or something and get an Avery template. Then to can put your own design in (all free online) and print.

wellaways

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 1:50 pm
I made my own wedding invitations and just looked at templates online and then formatted something similar in Microsoft word. It helps if you have a Hebrew keyboard. After typing them up I just found nice paper that fit the format and printed them at a FedEx/Kinko's center. Super cheap and easy.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 2:00 pm
Look at people's recent invitations and copy the words of those you like most. My sister printed her own invitation postcards. I believe she just used cream colored manilla paper. Nothing fancy. And then had it copied and cut at a copy store.
I plan to do something similar, maybe a little bigger than a postcard and nicer paper. I think fancy invitations are a total waste of money.

cm

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 2:15 pm
Sorry, not in Lakewood, but you probably have major craft chain stores such as Michael's and AC Moore where you can find a variety of invitation paper (be sure to use a coupon!). We didn't use a template - we just played around with our desired wording, sizes, fonts, colors etc on Microsoft word until it looked nice. Keep in mind the cost of ink when you decide whether or not to print them at home (we did).

fluffernutter

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 2:20 pm
Kosher on a budget has a post about it.

https://kosheronabudget.com/in.....ions/

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 3:15 pm
I just had bm kiddush cards printed at BP graphics. Surprisingly it really wasn’t expensive. Not sure you will save much after you buy the paper. I think it was $36 for $100 cards- maybe even less...

Fox

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 3:43 pm
We printed wedding invitations, response cards, etc., for DDs' weddings. I bought invitations from PaperDirect (www.paperdirect.com), and they have downloadable templates that you can use with MS Word or MS Publisher.

Like everything else connected with simchas, the total added up frighteningly fast, but it was still a fraction of what invitation vendors charge, and we got lots of compliments, too.

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:54 pm
I printed my own bar mitzva invitation. Bought the stationary in amazing savings. They came out gorgeous.
I recommend using grey ink. It's cheaper than colored ink cuz it can be printed on a black and white printer.

penguin

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:04 pm
Just be warned if you print with laser on card stock it can smudge.
(We printed professionally & then needed a few more, so we printed those at home. One or two came back & when we opened them we found the ink had smudged, I assume when it went through postal machines.)

There is a way around this - you have to spray them all with fixative. And leave them all spread out til they dry. It adds up to time, tircha etc. So please take this into consideration.

The same applies to printing addresses on envelopes. I don't think laser labels have the problem. (You can get clear ones).

headabovewater

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 8:13 pm
You can use a service like Shutterfly with a picture of your son, and use both Hebrew and English fonts to design it. I did that for thank you cards for baby gifts.

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 9:22 pm
I just made a wedding g and sent e-vites. It was great.
For the Hebrew font, I just saved the doc as a jpeg and uploaded it.
It's great cuz you know if the person got the invite and opened it.

penguin

Post Fri, Oct 05 2018, 12:56 pm
There was an advertorial (2 page ad) in the YT mags about a company that designs and, I think, sends out e-vites. Of course you can do it yourself. I think they'll also do physical ones for those few people on your list w/o email.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics