Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kalahari tips and ideas

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 7:51 pm
going to kalahari for the first time with the family.
any tips, ideas or tricks I should know about

thanks

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:57 pm
What do you want To know? Any specific questions?
Do you know if they'll be having a minyan & sukka?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:59 pm
I actually live not too far from kalahari.

What would you like to know?

Chabad yeshiva of the Poconos is like 15 minutes drive but I dont know if anyone will be there over YT.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 10:07 pm
They had a succah last year and will again this year. Last year there was no light. Bring along flashlights.

Have your family come wearing their bathing suits. The room may not be ready yet, but you can go into the waterpark.

I usually make a crockpot dinner. I put it up the night before. Once we get the room (they text you) I plug it in and the food is ready when the kids are done with the waterpark.

Any specific questions?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 9:49 am
can we cook in the room eg george foreman or cheese sandwiches.

should I bring a life jacket for kids or will there most likely be one.

anything we should see or do besides the water park. kids are young 8 -3 so don't need to be too entertained.

can I bring food? like an esky etc.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 10:10 am
They have life jackets.
I brought a small George Forman & sandwich makers. There's arcades & ather activies in the hotel.
Claws & paws zoo is not far & very nice.
There's a beautiful park nearby, I think it's called mountain view park.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 10:51 am
do the kids wear water shoes?
contacts or glasses?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 11:07 am
Some wear watershoes, some don't. Doesn't matter is contacts or glasses but contacts are more practical & comfy.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 11:08 am
If anyone knows anything about minyanim at Kalahari, please post. TY

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 5:30 pm
to update . we had a great time. got a awesome deal on a two bedroom suite. brought food and a sandwich press. there was a sukkah. and non stop men asking to make a minyan. I would highly recommend. my kids ages are 8-3 and they all found something to do.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:31 pm
But what do all the men do all day if there's no separate hours for the water park?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:55 pm
The men go to the waterpark with their families.
The reason we love great wolf lodge over kalahari is that great wolf has waterpark rules. Women have to be covered up. No bikini suits allowed. Most women wear swim dresses. And the waterpark is only for guests staying at their hotel whereas kalahari is open to the public.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 7:58 pm
But even if bikinis aren't allowed, you're telling me that at Great Wolf there are no non-Jewish female guests wearing 1-piece swimsuits, or just that the men don't care as long as it's not a bikini?

And what about all the posts here about Kalahari (like this thread!) and how there are tons of men making minyanim and using the sukkah? What do they do all day when the water park is open to the public and has no dress code?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:06 pm
We go to great wolf lodge every year, and majority of non Jewish women wear cover ups. Maybe a handful regular bathing suits. Theres a guard by the entrance of the waterpark & of you're wearing something too revealing they send you out. They attract many arabs because the women are covered head to toe. Great wolf is a child oriented resort.
In kalahari, the men go to the waterpark with their families even if theres no dress code. My sister was at camelback chol hamoed and nebach chassidish moms wore plain bathing suits, when swimming with their kids & It was packed with frum jews. People took bachurim to kalahari & great wolf. I can't understand this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics