Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where would I fit in Lakewood

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 5:23 pm
I am hoping that anyone who lives/or lived in Lakewood could help me out here.
We are moving to Lakewood in a few months, I do not know the areas, we need an apartment but I do not know where to even start looking.
We are coming from OOT-we are low key and simple and need a quieter less busy location, but we still want to be centrally located. We do not need anything big or fancy, just 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and dining/living room.
Are there any sites I can go onto to find a place? any database with apartments including basement. Any advice/tips/ or leads will be greatly appreciated!!!

Queen6

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 5:33 pm
Lakewood is not Out Of Town at all... its fast paced and hopping. Hope you realize that before you move.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 5:42 pm
It sounds like a basement of a private house would be quieter, depending on the area. Also consider if you match or are comfortable with the age/stage of most of the neighbors. Masa uMatan is a great resource for listings; go to masaumatan.com on the rental page. Maybe when you see the list of what's available you can ask about those neighborhoods. Hatzlacha.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 6:17 pm
What age range are you? Do you have kids, if yes how old are they?

When you say you want to be centrally located, central to what? Are you looking to be near BMG, or do you just want to have grocery stores within walking distance?

The maasa umatan has a very extensive list of rentals. They have a website which I believe gets updated weekly.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:48 pm
Depending on age and family size so many options here. Also price

Washington Square, a mix of people mostly younger, close to shopping but not really so many neighborhoods

Coventry - mostly young crowd

New Place on Madison and Eighth, beautiful but not a quiet neighborhood

Wyndham 2 - beautiful but not a lot of older families

If over 55, cant rent but A country place is very nice

Do you specifically not want to rent a house? Some of the smaller ranches can sometimes be had for the mid thousands

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
Depending on age and family size so many options here. Also price

Washington Square, a mix of people mostly younger, close to shopping but not really so many neighborhoods

Coventry - mostly young crowd

New Place on Madison and Eighth, beautiful but not a quiet neighborhood

Wyndham 2 - beautiful but not a lot of older families

If over 55, cant rent but A country place is very nice

Do you specifically not want to rent a house? Some of the smaller ranches can sometimes be had for the mid thousands

Coventry would NOT be your crowd if your low key and simple

mlc

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:48 am
Check out rain tree area Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:54 am
mlc wrote:
Check out rain tree area Smile

I love Raintree and have been living here for years, it fits the criteria but it’s definitely not centrally located. Also very few rentals.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:57 am
Lakeview has a lot of simple out of town small families. Small houses near 2 beautiful state parks

frosting

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 8:49 pm
toms river or jackson has a lot of nice neighborhoods that have that simple out of town feel...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating