Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan a trip for me and dh

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:08 pm
Dh and I can both get away from work next week and MIL is coming to watch the kids! Its just me and DH and our 4 mo old baby. I would love to fly somewhere but tickets are too pricey so last minute. We are happy to drive up to 4 hours from nyc, where we live. We are looking for a great vacation where we don't have to do kid friendly stuff!
We will have the infant so we can't do hiking, etc.
We love outdoors, nature, history. Not interested in art museums or roller coasters.
We have 3.5 days!
Recommendations?
So far we thought of Washington DC or Boston or Rhode Island. ... anything else? Can we keep busy in new England for 3.5 days?
Rule out Philadelphia - BTDT.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:11 pm
Weather permitting would you do rocking horse ranch? Mohawk mountain? It may be a bit cold though for outdoorsy things

pesek zman

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:14 pm
I’d do DC.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:17 pm
Did you check tickets to Florida? Look at flying Spirit airlines from Atlantic city maybe.
Or look on Priceline or Groupon for all inclusive packages .
Otherwise DC sounds nice! Enjoy!

elisheva25

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:32 pm
You could sometimes find last min cheap tickets to Miami.
Warm weather, amazing food.

jd1212

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:38 pm
DC is so fun. Museums are great, Char Bar restaurant is delish, minyan near by. We stayed at the Fairmont and it was within 10 min walk to both. If you want to see the African American Museum which is new and quite well-done, you can arrive at 1 and get a day pass (to reserve in advance takes months). Also, Uber is like $5 to get across the city, so often it’s easier to just park the car somewhere and take Ubers instead of paying for parking.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:49 pm
Poconos. Niagara falls. California.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:54 am
Op
Rocking horse ranch - I always thought that was something to do with the family. Are there things to do there with DH and infant?
Keeping my eyes peeled for Florida. Found one flight for 200, which isn't great but not horrible.. Also if we fly I have to factor in car rental and baggage fees which is ok but more of a pain. Unfortunately we've had bad Spirit experiences and prefer not to try again. My mother was diverted from FLL to Orlando and then made to wait 3 hours for a bus to drive them to FLL......
California is super expensive 1 week in advance. Would consider but I only have 3.5 days and I'd be using 18 hours in airport time.
DC does sound good to me.....

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 7:05 am
Check out south west airlines. Their prices include luggage and other airlines dont. Also if you do Miami, no car rental needed. You can uber around for really cheap. Car rental in miami isnt that great because the parking cost a fortune.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 8:35 am
jd1212 wrote:
DC is so fun. Museums are great, Char Bar restaurant is delish, minyan near by. We stayed at the Fairmont and it was within 10 min walk to both. If you want to see the African American Museum which is new and quite well-done, you can arrive at 1 and get a day pass (to reserve in advance takes months). Also, Uber is like $5 to get across the city, so often it’s easier to just park the car somewhere and take Ubers instead of paying for parking.

We also stayed at the fairmont and it was fantastic!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:09 am
Another vote for DC. Besides the museums, if the weather is not too bad, you can walk around the mall or through Rock Creek Park with the stroller. And the driving trip there isn't too bad- just time it to avoid rush hours.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:10 am
Thanks so much everyone!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:24 am
For Miami we started only doing Uber. Simple and not expensive. We usually take just hand luggage, especially if only 3.5 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics