Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Call your pediatrician right away!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:09 pm
I assumed we were up to date with the MMR vaccine because I am pro vaccines and take my kids to the doctor regularly. Well, after reading one too many articles about what is going on, I decided to call and ask, just to be sure. Well, My 7 and 4 year old both only had one shot and need one. My 2 year old had one and is considered 90% immune. but, IF you live in a place where you might come in contact with someone with measles, 10% is too high of a chance to take and you should give the second shot before it is due.
PLEASE call your pediatricians and make sure your kids are up to date!!!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:18 pm
Thankfully my girls school is on top of it and they let me know which vaccines I am missing. Same with my sons school. I just got a note that anyone under aged 5 must take the flu shot. Otherwise they can’t come to school.

rgr

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:46 pm
I have a patient portal to see all information from my doctor including vaccinations.

There is literally no way to get through to my doctor. Phones are off the hook busy and lines are out the door

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:57 pm
Great idea! I called for my children and BH they are all up to date. This is a pic from one the lakewood dr's offices of ppl waiting to get the MMR vaccine.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
Great idea! I called for my children and BH they are all up to date. This is a pic from one the lakewood dr's offices of ppl waiting to get the MMR vaccine.

WOW! bh people are taking this as seriously as they should be!

rgr

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:02 pm
Just to clarify, these are people who are getting their childrens' shots early, as pet doctor shaniks recommendation.

Not all anti vaxxers changing their minds

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:36 pm
BH the kids are kept up to date. I myself went to get tested for immunity few weeks ago since adults need boosters too.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:24 pm
Which dr is that. It’s not Dr Shanick (or at least an office I ve been too)
It does look like the hallway of a dr that is much more lenient with vaccinations, but I’m not sure.

mommyla

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Which dr is that. It’s not Dr Shanick (or at least an office I ve been too)
It does look like the hallway of a dr that is much more lenient with vaccinations, but I’m not sure.

Looks like Chemed.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:05 pm
My friend told me she called Dr. Shanik's office to get her kids their 2nd shot...and was given an appt. for 2 weeks from now.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:27 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My friend told me she called Dr. Shanik's office to get her kids their 2nd shot...and was given an appt. for 2 weeks from now.

I got a one week wait. Plus I really want to get them flu shots sooner. I was in the office recently for a scheduled appt and the office is crazy.
The other offices are easier to get an appt. for shots.

I actually may not give the extra mmr shot to my 2 year old but didn’t decide yet. (I do fully vaxx on schedule)

Sebastian

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:55 pm
go to a pharmacy for the flu shot then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics