Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Senior moved to Lakewood-looking for dentist and sheitelmach

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:33 pm
Hi. My mother recently moved to Lakewood. I am trying to find a good:

1- dentist. She also has dentures which are really not so great and I was wondering if there is a dentist who would be able to do that for her. A good technician.

2-sheitelmacher. She wears the old-fashioned, short Bobbi style sheitel. Is there anyone in Lakewood who still knows how to set those? And if she needs a new one, would anyone know how to cut and style that kind of wig?

SingALong

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:21 pm
Ocean dental expressions dr Glatt 732-363-4477 I use him and I’m very happy. I see a lot of seniors in the waiting room. He’s located on Rt 9.

Shaitel marcher there are many in each area...which area is she moving to?

balibusta

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:20 pm
Maybe easier for her to go to a store like dalia’s

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:33 pm
She lives in the yeshiva area.

Where on Rt 9 is Dr. Glatt?

There are a lot of sheitelmachers in Lakewood,I know. But most have no clue what to do with the old fashioned teased type of wig. And they probably don't sell them either.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:41 pm
I took my mother to Dalia and she did an excellent job. She's working for many years whereas the younger more "with-it" sheitelmachers have no idea how to do a bubbie sheitel. Hennie Storch also comes to mind.

Dr. Izzy Perle redid her dentures and I believe he did a very good job. He's next to Brick Hospital.

lkwdmommy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:03 pm
Thanks for the leads. Does Dr Perle call his practice Cambridge Dental?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:15 pm
Quote:
Does Dr Perle call his practice Cambridge Dental?

Yes

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:53 pm
We are very happy with Dr Frolich who works with Drs Wasserman and Polansky. He comes in from North Jersey to work there a couple times a week. I was told he has good experience with seniors and working with their dental issues.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 3:04 pm
Following up on this.

We went to Dr. Kaplan at Lakewood Family Dental in Todd Plaza. I was told to only go to Dr. Kaplan, so I did and we are very happy.

So far, no luck with finding a sheitel macher who my mother likes. Still taking suggestions though.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:51 am
I don’t know if you are still looking but I think elishevas wig salon deals with synthetic wigs.
Also, it’s very possible that esti Shoner would be good at “old lady wigs “.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:57 am
Peri Handler is awesome! she just moved to oak and vine. My grandmothers used her for theyre "Bubby" sheitels. She's a pro at teasing and styling to get that perfectly coiffed look(and she of course is fabulous at up to date styles as well Wink )
347-424-2010

Dreamer

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:58 pm
[quote="amother [ Papaya ]"]I don’t know if you are still looking but I think elishevas wig salon deals with synthetic wigs.
I believe Elisheva's works with the "Bubbi" style too. try her!

Chaya123

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:45 pm
For dentist, does she have private insurance? She can try Dr. Elbaum or Dr. Walkin.
For sheitels, call Baila Toba Gebus 732-370-3727. Welcome to Lakewood!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:50 pm
For sheitels in yeshiva area, Henny Storch is on 5th street and I know people are very happy with her. I definitely think she could work with older styles.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:58 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Peri Handler is awesome! she just moved to oak and vine. My grandmothers used her for theyre "Bubby" sheitels. She's a pro at teasing and styling to get that perfectly coiffed look(and she of course is fabulous at up to date styles as well Wink )
347-424-2010

Does anyone know if Perri Handler still does shaitels? Or Henny Storch? My mother needs her shaitel styled and also needs to get a new one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating