Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Does your DH take an umbrella to maariv motzei Shabbos?

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 12:11 pm
Shabbos is over, so it is allowed? Why or why not?

(When it rains, obviously.)

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 12:12 pm
Why shouldn't it be allowed? He doesn't always come home straight after mariv so he takes his phone as well.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 1:21 pm
My DH occasionally drives to shul for maariv motsei Shabbat. Many people do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 1:39 pm
So interesting. I have never heard of this before. I know that when the guys are leaving the house for arvit, shabbat isnt over yet, so they would not be able to take anything muktza. So this is interesting and a first, that I am hearing that guys do this.

sirel

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 1:46 pm
shabbat, many people are eating seuda shlishit until shabbos is over, and when they go to maariv it's not shabbos anymore.

I don't think anyone means that their DH takes an umbrella while it's still shabbos, Chas Veshalom

chanchy123

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 1:56 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So interesting. I have never heard of this before. I know that when the guys are leaving the house for arvit, shabbat isnt over yet, so they would not be able to take anything muktza. So this is interesting and a first, that I am hearing that guys do this.

Depends on the minyan. Where we live the main minyan is a few minutes after tzet hacochavim. When DH leaves for that minyan it's not shabbat anymore. The neighborhood minyan starts earlier.
A lot of places have several minyanim motzei shabbat.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 2:04 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Depends on the minyan. Where we live the main minyan is a few minutes after tzet hacochavim. When DH leaves for that minyan it's not shabbat anymore. The neighborhood minyan starts earlier.
A lot of places have several minyanim motzei shabbat.
of course if there are multiple minyanim. But the way the OP was asking, to me she meant maariv at the end of shabbat. I know that my father always left the house about 10 minutes before shabbat ended so I never even thought about this (my husband davens arvit at home) just interesting to me Smile

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 5:19 pm
To clarify, I was referring to a situation where your DH leave to shul after Shabbos is over. He obviously hasn't davened maariv though, and I think most hold men can't do melacha until they say אתה חוננתנו. Which is what leads to my question.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 6:43 pm
My dh says that as far as he knows, saying baruch hamavdil does the same as atah v'chonantanu. AYLOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note