Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help! re: baby sleeping

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 11:38 am
My baby now sleeps on her stomach and her favorite way to sleep is with her face in the mattress! It gives me a heart attack everytime I see her like that. I try to move her head while shes sleeping but she'll just move back.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 11:49 am
once they can flip you can't really do anything. I don't know if this helps any, but the research has fluctuated so much in the past couple of generations that in five years they'll probably tell you that sleeping on the back is terrible for the baby. just relax.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 12:05 pm
I;m not worried about her sleeping on her stomach (in fact I am quite happy about that because she sleeps better Smile )
I am worried about the fact that she sleep with her face in the mattress, not turned to the side. It's scary, I don't know how she breathes like that.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 11:38 pm
My 10 week old always does that, I just gently tug at the sheet or blanket to move her face sideways. Its ok on a flat mattress. babies can breath out the sides of their nose, which helps them when nursing I suppose. Shes a human being, she;ll move if shes stifled. But keep an eye out.

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 12:04 am
amother wrote:
babies can breath out the sides of their nose, which helps them when nursing I suppose.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. I wondered how babies breath while nursing snuggled in? If they can't breath, then they move!

I think that is what they were saying about the SIDS kids (lo alayinu). They were missing a chemical in their brain that tells them to wake up when they can't breathe.

But it can't hurt to check up on them!

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 12:46 am
I have the same problem. Ever since my baby turns onto her stomache she started turning at night and if I turn her she wakes up. I guess its ok if she knows how to turn back. I do still check on her every time I get up at night just to make sure she's ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics