Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
AM Fog on Car Windows

madys

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 10:47 am
Does anyone know of any product that can be put on the car windows so they won't fog up in the mornings?

It's so hard backing out of the driveway, and who has time to wait for the defogger to kick in?

I usually end up backing out with all the windows open just so I can see if there are cars or people, but it really isn't practical.

Any ideas?

loveit

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 1:01 pm
Start your car like 5 min before you have to leave so that's all warmed up when you're ready. Maybe your husband can do it for you or even your kids. I don't know how old your kids are but when I was in high school I would do it for my parents.

Or you could just try wiping it with a towel right before you back out. Do you have a garage you could park your car in?

Move to LA...not such a problem here!

shoy18

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 1:04 pm
get yourself a present, an automatic starter, that way you can turn your car on a few minutes before you leave.

loveit

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 1:09 pm
automatic starter??? Like a remote control to start your engine?

shoy18

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 1:15 pm
sarahliz wrote:
automatic starter??? Like a remote control to start your engine?

yup, its like a key less entry thing that goes on your key chain and you can start your car from anywhere, obviously you cant drive without putting the key in but its great for really cold places.

madys

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:24 am
I was kinda hoping that there was a product that could be put on the windows to prevent the fog. Like a liquid to smear on it.

I leave 1st in the morning, and come home first in the afternoon, so my car is the first one in the driveway - it's a minivan, and has a windshield wiper on the rear window. The problem, is that I have to back out my husband's car first to get to my car, and his car always fogs up.

And, no, we don't have automatic starters, although it does sound like a nice idea!

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:34 am
You can always ask him to move your car when he comes home at night. Then you wont need to move his car in the morning:)

brooklyn

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:45 am
IIRC there is a wipe or a spray that you put on your windows to reduce fogging, I think it is called rainX

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:55 am
those starters are like $1000 ... I want one too but hey ...

just slow down girl ... life ain't worth the rush ... sure we're all too busy ... but don't put yourself or anyone in danger backing out too quick ...

anyways ... a warm up is good for the car - it will perform better ...

madys

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 1:35 pm
brooklyn wrote:
IIRC there is a wipe or a spray that you put on your windows to reduce fogging, I think it is called rainX

Thanks brooklyn!

Will check it out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics