Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler diaper rash

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:21 pm
My 2 year old came home from his babysitter with a very bad diaper rash because the babysitter neglected to change his diaper . I must say something as this is not the first time this has happened . Any ideas how I can say it nicely ?

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:28 pm
If you want to be indirect, ask if she can provide a daily log of when your child ate (what food / how much), when your child napped and when you child was changed (wet/dirty).

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:34 pm
I feel that you should straight out tell her "____ came home with a really bad rash. It usually happens when he sits in a dirty diaper for a while. Please make sure to change him right after he soils his diaper (even if it's not the scheduled time for diaper changes)."
If you want to be extra sensitive, say something like "______ came home with a bad rash. His skin is quite sensitive and he gets a rash pretty quickly after he soils his diaper. It causes him a lot of pain and takes a while to heal... I would really appreciate if you can make sure he always gets changed immediately after he goes to prevent him from getting a rash."
FYI I run a daycare. Something like that can happen, but if it isn't the first time, it's unacceptable, and for the sake of your son, you MUST bring it up.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:36 pm
What ginger said is a great idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics