Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is there an amazing Indoor Antenna that works well in BP?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:18 pm
Im looking to avoid paying big bucks for Optimum monthly.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:20 pm
To use with which service? Never heard of this except for illegal black boxes.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
To use with which service? Never heard of this except for illegal black boxes.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s.....-rank

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:27 pm
Fios is having at $79 special for 2 year sign up.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Fios is having at $79 special for 2 year sign up.

I have an Optimum deal now, but I hear people have good antennas, and dont have to pay for TV, but none of them live in BP.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
I have an Optimum deal now, but I hear people have good antennas, and dont have to pay for TV, but none of them live in BP.

Isn't that unethical?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Isn't that unethical?

Why? I dont think so if thousands of people are buying them on Amazon.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:57 am
Heres a highly rated Antenna (4500= ratings) sold on Amazon, that allows people to get many TV stations for free.

https://www.amazon.com/1byone-.....HAZB3

Id have liked to hear which works best in BP though.

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:25 pm
These antennas don't steal signals - they capture broadcast television stations which are free. They are equivalent to the old pre-cable days when people had antennas for their TV sets on their roofs and/or sets can with what used to be called rabbit ears which you would manipulate to pull in a stronger signal as necessary.

These won't pull in any of the cable stations if that is what you are interested in.

If you don't want have cable television, you can get a streaming device or smart television which enables you to stream stations through your Wifi. You would pay for the stations you want but for those people who are only interested in a few cable stations, it can be cost effective and some streaming services like youtube are free.

But the antennas would bring in CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox and whatever the other local broadcast stations are in your area. I haven't lived in NYC for a long time but they would generally be stations on Chanels 5, 9, 11 and 13 but maybe these have changed - generally the broadcast channels are on 1 - 13 because that was originally what the broadcast bandwidth and television tuners were limited to pre-cable transmission.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 2:24 pm
Does anyone in Brooklyn have a really good antenna for the basic channels (I dont need more than the old reliable 2-13).

Now Im paying monthly for lots of Channels I rarely watch.

The last time I had a RCA Flat Panel Antenna, I gpt most of the channels but I couldnt get Channel 7 ABC.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries