Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls going to the mall unsupervised
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Amother jetblack, you don't need ID to go into Dave and busters. I'm not worried my daughter will get involved in anything, nor did I say I dont trust her. I just dont think it's a place for frum girls to be unsupervised. As do other mothers on this thread. Would you really let your teens hang out in such an environment.
Amother Blue, they do go to the nanuet mall.
And theres plenty of after school programs girls can join. Gym, ballet, aerobics classes, art, music lessons, there's this girls chior/drama program. There are enough options.

I think that D &B is not a place for frum girls, period. It makes no difference if they were with supervision or not. I myself wouldn't walk into that place. Specifically the one in the Palisades Malk. I make it very clear to my kids that certain places are not for us. But I wouldn't stop them from enjoying the other places that I do allow at the mall.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 3:24 pm
Thank you thunderstorm, I see I'm not the only crazy mother that nebach doesnt give her girls the freedom to hang out where they should not.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 10:59 am
I don't live in the US, so pardon my ignorance:

What's Dave and Buster's?

I see people suggest it for date nights all the time on imamother, but in this thread it is cast as some boozy den of iniquity. Which is it? I'm confused.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
The palisades mall attracts a low crowd, because of the many entertainment options it became a terrible hangout with all types of trashy inappropriate behavior going on there.
Amother white, any person can be easily influenced by different environments, especially teens when they gain independence, its exiting for them.
אל תאמין בעצמך עד יום מותך

I'm curious, are there any signs of such a population that can be perceived from a distance?

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 2:21 pm
DrMom wrote:
I don't live in the US, so pardon my ignorance:

What's Dave and Buster's?

I see people suggest it for date nights all the time on imamother, but in this thread it is cast as some boozy den of iniquity. Which is it? I'm confused.

I have no idea which of the above it is either, but here's its wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....r%27s

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 8:57 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I'm curious, are there any signs of such a population that can be perceived from a distance?

I assume ur trying to make us out to be judgmental or profiling...

The signs are usually scantly clad women/ girls. Curse words on clothing. Loud cheering and talking, swearing. Vaping. Looking for trouble.

They may be awesome ppl but not a crowd I’d like to hang around.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 9:15 pm
Sounds like You Got Trouble.

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics