Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Miles credit card newbie. Please teach me!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:11 am
I am looking into getting some kind of miles or hotel points credit card, but I am totally clueless and find most of what I find online confusing.

DH and I are pretty disciplined about our finances. We are not the type to just swipe our cards all over, but we do have certain set expenses that get paid with credit cards and we are bh good about paying them on time.

We are always hearing about people using their miles and points towards vacations and our thoughts are that maybe this can be a way of making some modest vacationing attainable.

Can anybody here educate me a bit from their own experience? Can this work? What is the best card to use and what do we need to know? Is there a card that has better value or can be used for more things?

Thanks in advance!

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:50 am
I found that a cash back card is best for us so that I can use the rewards on anything, not just vacation, do I looked for which one had the highest rates for categories we actually use. Would you consider that, or you specifically want miles?

moto

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:27 am
Sign on bonuses. Sell miles for $$. Chase Sapphire reserve has annual fees but also great perks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics