Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Date night in brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:26 pm
Any ideas of a good date night with DH in brooklyn or the city besides for going out to eat? Please post all your ideas!

If you have a great suggestion for restaurants, would consider, so please post your experience.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:30 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
Any ideas of a good date night with DH in brooklyn or the city besides for going out to eat? Please post all your ideas!

If you have a great suggestion for restaurants, would consider, so please post your experience.

By far, the best food and most elegant restaurant in Brooklyn is Glatt Ala Carte. We go there for lots oF occasions...

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:34 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

rofa

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:35 pm
Take a cooking class together at http://www.kosherculinarycenter.com/

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:59 pm
Cheiny wrote:
By far, the best food and most elegant restaurant in Brooklyn is Glatt Ala Carte. We go there for lots oF occasions...

I disagree. We went recently and half of the dishes we ordered didn't taste good imo. We got the drink we ordered way after the meal was over and the waiter was Mia most of the time. The owner and foh were really nice though.

We really prefer t fusion. Service and food is amazing.

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon, Jan 21 2019, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:07 pm
We enjoyed bowling at Chelsea Piers. It's a nice place. They have more things to do there but we didn't check it out.
You can search their website to see what else is there.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:08 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:09 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I disagree. We went recently and half of the dishes we ordered were really gross. Like inedible type of gross. We got the drink we ordered way after the meal was over and the waiter was Mia most of the time. The owner and foh were really nice though.

Glatt a la carte is generally amazing though in food and service. Sorry you had a bad experience I guess it happens even in really good places sometimes ?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:19 pm
I found an axe throwing place in Brooklyn. Going to try it out I can update how it was.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:23 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I disagree. We went recently and half of the dishes we ordered were really gross. Like inedible type of gross. We got the drink we ordered way after the meal was over and the waiter was Mia most of the time. The owner and foh were really nice though.

Did you speak to the management about your bad experience?
They're really nice and eager to please.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:43 pm
I find T Fusion feels more upscale and classy. This may be the exception, but the last time we went to Glatt a la Carte, there were a bunch of rowdy children that disturbed our experience, something you'd never find at T Fusion.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
Did you speak to the management about your bad experience?
They're really nice and eager to please.

the management is wonderful but honestly after my last experience I wouldn't come back no matter what they did. It wasn't an awful meal but if I'm paying 80+ per person it should at least be a good meal. The server seemed almost annoyed when we asked about the missing drink when we paid.

(What we ordered: Apps: Chicken and Waffles- those were good. Onion rings- super oily and soggy, we picked at them. Dh got a steak which was good, but a steak is pretty hard to mess up imo. I got a chicken lo mein salad which was bathed in sugar and basically inedible. We also got a lime mint drink which tasted more like green apple and wasn't good at all. Since we got it after the meal, we were very ready to leave and just left it on the table after a couple of sips.)

doctorima, yup there are lots of kids in glatt ala carte (think baby strollers) and virtually none in T-Fusion. Glatt ala carte is in the heart of BP so is catering to more of a heimish clientele.

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:57 pm
Sebastian wrote:

I’m shocked. We’ve been going for years and have always had a great experience, outstanding food. Just one time, our food was very slow in coming, and when the owner came over to the table (another thing I like about the place: he alsways goes around to the tables to ask if everything is good) we told him. He was more than accommodating and even was willing to give us a large discount on the bill...I wonder why you had a bad experience....but I’m sure it was an isolated incident. Did you tell the owner you weren’t pleased? I’m sure he’d have made it right.
I don’t like T fusion because their menu is so very limited.,,,no choices on side dishes, and if you don’t want steak, you’re pretty much out of luck,

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:59 pm
doctorima wrote:
I find T Fusion feels more upscale and classy. This may be the exception, but the last time we went to Glatt a la Carte, there were a bunch of rowdy children that disturbed our experience, something you'd never find at T Fusion.

Oh that’s the first time I heard anyone say T Fusion is classier than Glatt Ala Carte. While I can’t speak for all the people who may come to dine there, I can definitely say the service, atmosphere, the waiters, the treatment you get at Glatt Ala Carte are extremely high class, better than experiences I’ve had at very expensive places in Manhattan.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:02 pm
Sebastian wrote:
the management is wonderful but honestly after my last experience I wouldn't come back no matter what they did. It wasn't an awful meal but if I'm paying 80+ per person it should at least be a good meal. The server seemed almost annoyed when we asked about the missing drink when we paid.

(What we ordered: Apps: Chicken and Waffles- those were good. Onion rings- super oily and soggy, we picked at them. Dh got a steak which was good, but a steak is pretty hard to mess up imo. I got a chicken lo mein salad which was bathed in sugar and basically inedible. We also got a lime mint drink which tasted more like green apple and wasn't good at all. Since we got it after the meal, we were very ready to leave and just left it on the table after a couple of sips.)

doctorima, yup there are lots of kids in glatt ala carte (think baby strollers) and virtually none in T-Fusion. Glatt ala carte is in the heart of BP so is catering to more of a heimish clientele.

All the times I’ve been there, there were very few children, almost none. I’d imagine when you go to a place like that, most people wouldnt really feel it’s appropriate to bring babies or rowdy children... I guess you were just unlucky that time you went. You should reconsider and try again...,I love that place!

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:06 pm
Cheiny, the owner came by in the beginning when we were still looking at the menus. He's really sweet. I wasn't about to track him down after the meal to complain.
I never get a steak at any restaurant and I always leave T-Fusion happy. Their menu may be small but every item on it is tasty.

eta: I've always seen kids at glatt ala carte, they weren't rowdy though. It's just not common to see young children and baby strollers at upscale places. Only in Boro Park...

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:17 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Cheiny, the owner came by in the beginning when we were still looking at the menus. He's really sweet. I wasn't about to track him down after the meal to complain.
I never get a steak at any restaurant and I always leave T-Fusion happy. Their menu may be small but every item on it is tasty.

eta: I've always seen kids at glatt ala carte, they weren't rowdy though. It's just not common to see young children and baby strollers at upscale places. Only in Boro Park...

Agree with your last point. I haven’t been to T Fusion in a while....I remember when we were there I was disapppinted with being unable to choose the side dishes with my steak, portions were small, and there were basically no choices other than steak,,,,what do you get there, if not steak? Maybe they changed their menu since I was there.

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:23 pm
Sebastian wrote:

You would have done him a big favor complaining privately and giving him a chance to make it right rather than complaining in detail publically. It is really not so nice.

I don't know him or the place, but perhaps you should take down your complaints since your experience isn't universal, and you say he is sweet.

I would be devastated if I read about my business being trashed on imamother.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:29 pm
What day of the week did you see kids at Glatt A La Carte?
We wanted to take my son there for his birthday, and my husband sent the manager (whom he's friendly with) a whatsapp to ask if it was appropriate to bring my toddler along.
He said Sundays were OK as the dining atmosphere was more casual then, but weekdays were more formal.
(We ended up going to Upside Burger)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries