Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Delete
Previous  1  2

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 8:17 pm
Anyone who is interested in a chavruta by telephone pm me and let's see what we can work out.

animeme

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 8:29 pm
Agreed about missing the give and take. I need that to push through hard text and turn over ideas. And I don't really get it from listening to a shiur either; I need to participate.

Also re Shabbos, for many of us, that's a day when there is the least time.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 8:43 pm
I listen to a Rabbi Rosner’s Daf Yomi shiurim every day (via podcasts) and follow along inside (via e-Daf) whenever I am able. I have gained a tremendous amount of Torah knowledge and I am completely addicted. (It also makes me cry regularly over how excluded women are from learning a Torah and almost all of the mitzvos that are unique and central to Judaism, however, no matter how times I try and switch to another shiur, I always end up going back to these.) I also learn gemara (Brachos w/Rashi and Tosfos) and halacha (Aruch Hashulchan - hilchos Shabbos) with my husband. It is not easy, because I work full time and have a family, but it can be done. My fondest wish is to sit and learn full time, when I retire, but I don’t know where that could be done . . .

sallysaucer

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:24 pm
I miss it too! I am currently doing a perek of Nach daily, but it's not the same as sitting in a class....

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 12:04 am
https://www.dafyomi4women.org/daf/

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 12:11 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Yes!!! I am searching desperately for a chavrusah to help me learn this sefer I got, and I CANNOT FIND ANYONE.

Become a torahmate!

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:06 am
amother wrote:
Have you tried online shiurim that aren't targeted towards women?

This.

I really like R' Daniel Glatstein on Torah Anytime. It isn't a gemara shiur (those are too above me) but it's very text-based, detail-oriented, and super-interesting. He discusses concepts not often discussed but that are relevant to everyone.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:26 am
etzion.org.il
The virtual Beit midrash has a wide variety of shiurim. Not fluffy stuff.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:11 am
I’m a high school teacher and a group of women approached me to teach them an intensive text based class once a week, at night in various homes.

It’s rigorous and intense and very high level of learning.

I’m thrilled to do it, because I actually had to take a break from teaching high school for a bit. So it’s good for me to stay in the groove.

Perhaps you can organize something like that.

I don’t organize who comes, location, food etc..

I just show up with source material and teach.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics