Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Ideas for cakes that can be baked without rising??
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Sat, Oct 20 2007, 7:25 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
thanks everyone, but my oven died. I had a brownie prepared and had to bake it buy a neighbour.

I really don't know what I'll do next week but I'll see. I'm trying to get hold of mil's wonder pat, if she didn't throw it out and use that in the meantime... cus right now I don't reallyhave moneyto buy another oven...

2 most important items in a house ... fridge and oven ...

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 20 2007, 8:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
why do you think that pesach cakes don't rise

Nothing we baked ever rose. I specially get shallow pants for Pesach baking.

greenfire wrote:
or that they are even good enough to buy year round ...

Momof3 says her brownies are good enough to be eaten year round, and Batya said that she gets the coffee cake mix every week b/c they like it so much.

When ppl talk cake, I'm listening!!!!

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 12:37 am
moose if you want topay a 100 nis to fix the ovens then fine, but quite frankly I can't afford to fix it andit's not worth it for taht price. in themeantime I'll have to manage some how untill I have money to buy a new one. it may take time but that's teh matzav now.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 5:42 am
nechamamiriam, could you buy one of those countertop ovens? I can't imagine living without an oven! My fleishig oven isn't working too well right now, but it's limping along. we have had to fix it several times, but the repairman is a heimishe guy and he lets us pay in installments.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 5:50 am
tzena I might buy a toaster oven but even that I can't do before december.... I have checks going out from yom tov still in november so I have to wait till that is cleared till I can give a check and no one lets you gove 2 months postdated.... so in the meantime I'll wait abit. I hop edh will surprise me with one but if not it'll haveto be a toaster or whatever. I can get a toaster for 200 nis....

shoy18

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 6:11 am
I don't know how your banks work but maybe you should consider sending out checks through your bank account online, that way they take the money when you enter the payment and you don't have to sit and wait for checks to clear. Its the best thing in the world because it takes the stress of waiting for somebody to deposit the check.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 6:14 am
[quote="miriamnechama"]moose if you want topay a 100 nis to fix the ovens then fine, but quite frankly I can't afford to fix it andit's not worth it for taht price. /quote]

I have no idea how much that is in Dollars.

and what if I said yes, I would?

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 6:29 am
we're talking about 250 dollars or so, but leave it don't bother even if you would want to.... we'll have to come up with the money somehow and I'm just leaving it to dh. it's not worth fixing forthat price... one can get a new one for that price.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 10:17 am
Quote:
Super duper quick and easy. Do you want the real version or the healthier way I make them? Here's both:

1 c. margarine (I use 1 c. oil)
2 c. sugar (you can get away with a little less)
4 eggs
3/4 c. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
Opt. 1 t. rum flavoring (but then cut back on the sugar some)

Mix well with mixer.

Add 1 c. flour (I use pastry whole wheat flour)

Press into 9x13 inch pan (or whatever you Brits call it Wink ) and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for ABOUT 30 min. - ya gotta know your oven or keep checking (or both) for the timing on this one - you want them to still be chewy and not dried out, but you don't want to serve brownie dough for dessert!

Ima'la, thanks so much for the great recipe! I made these last night, and they came out delicious! In fact, your healthy changes inspired me to make a few of my own, and the brownies still came out yummy. Very Happy Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins