Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shababnikim
1  2  Next

rachel22

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 9:05 pm
Anyone seen the new Israeli tv show shababnikim?

And any idea of shtisel is having a season 3?

EmpireState

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 9:30 pm
I've seen both episodes of Shababnikim. It's a funny show.
I don't think shtisel is coming back.

etky

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 1:45 am
EmpireState wrote:
I've seen both episodes of Shababnikim. It's a funny show.
I don't think shtisel is coming back.

It is. There is a third season in the pipeline.
A neighbor of ours had a small part in the second season. We asked him recently what was going on and he said they are working on the third season (though his character was written out).

etky

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 1:55 am
I haven't seen Shababnikim yet and I don't know if I will bother.
A friend - a fellow Shtissel fan - convinced me that I have to watch Kipat Barzel.
I've started watching and what can I say. It's entertaining but it doesn't come close to Shtissel in terms of the acting or the screenwriting. From watching previews of Shababnikim I've concluded that it will probably more closely approximate Kipat Barzel than Shtissel.
I will be happy to be proven wrong though.

EmpireState

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 9:26 am
etky wrote:
I haven't seen Shababnikim yet and I don't know if I will bother.
A friend - a fellow Shtissel fan - convinced me that I have to watch Kipat Barzel.
I've started watching and what can I say. It's entertaining but it doesn't come close to Shtissel in terms of the acting or the screenwriting. From watching previews of Shababnikim I've concluded that it will probably more closely approximate Kipat Barzel than Shtissel.
I will be happy to be proven wrong though.

Shabanikim is even less professionally done (and more juvenile) than Kipat Barzel. It is entertaining though... So happy to hear that Shtisel is coming back!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 10:47 am
I saw part of an episode of Shobabnikim, I didn't love it. But I did forward to a few people who enjoyed it. Any word on when Shtislel is coming back? I contacted the Avi Chai foundation who are the ones that created it and they said that they did not know of any plans for another season, however it could be that someone else is doing it.

What is Kipat Barzel and where can it be seen?

Thank you

EmpireState

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 11:10 am
amother wrote:
I saw part of an episode of Shobabnikim, I didn't love it. But I did forward to a few people who enjoyed it. Any word on when Shtislel is coming back? I contacted the Avi Chai foundation who are the ones that created it and they said that they did not know of any plans for another season, however it could be that someone else is doing it.

What is Kipat Barzel and where can it be seen?

Thank you

Kipat Barzel is about a haredi unit in the IDF. It can be seen here:
http://www.bali-perek.com/iron-dome/

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 9:36 pm
EmpireState wrote:
Kipat Barzel is about a haredi unit in the IDF. It can be seen here:
http://www.bali-perek.com/iron-dome/

Thanks so much

sleepyhead

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 9:45 pm
Where can I watch shababnikim in the U.S.? Youtube has only a couple of the episodes.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 9:18 am
sleepyhead wrote:
Where can I watch shababnikim in the U.S.? Youtube has only a couple of the episodes.

https://sdarot.pm/watch/3248

sleepyhead

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:05 pm
Thank you so much!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:44 pm
Has anyone watched Shababnikim with English subtitles?

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:04 pm
I really want to watch this show, but there aren't English subtitles, and I'm having a hard time following the lightning quick dialogue.

gingertop

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:15 pm
Shababnikim is not as profound or realistic as Shtisel but it's hilarious. And Gedalia is so, so good. He's crazy good. Every scene with him is so funny because he's awesome.

Last edited by gingertop on Thu, Jan 31 2019, 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:06 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I really want to watch this show, but there aren't English subtitles, and I'm having a hard time following the lightning quick dialogue.

Yeah, I'm completely lost without subtitles. I even use them for English shows, because my hearing is not that great.

I LOVE Netflix for making all of their shows accessible for the hearing impaired.

iyar

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:02 pm
gingertop wrote:
Shababnikim is not as profound or realistic as Shtisel but it's hilarious. And Gavriel is so, so good. He's crazy good. Every scene with him is so funny because he's awesome.

Did you mean Gedalia not Gavriel?
Agreed. He's very funny. A little over the top but really good.
I couldn't get into shababnikim as much as shtisel, but it does have some hilarious can't miss moments.
Sometimes when I see amothers looking for a good yeshiva for their boys I think Rav Bloch should totally move to the US and open up a branch here. (Rav Shpitzer is an amazing actor. but I don't think the guys would like him here much more than they do on shababnikim.)

gingertop

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 5:09 am
iyar wrote:
Did you mean Gedalia not Gavriel?
Agreed. He's very funny. A little over the top but really good.
I couldn't get into shababnikim as much as shtisel, but it does have some hilarious can't miss moments.
Sometimes when I see amothers looking for a good yeshiva for their boys I think Rav Bloch should totally move to the US and open up a branch here. (Rav Shpitzer is an amazing actor. but I don't think the guys would like him here much more than they do on shababnikim.)

Yup. Gedalia. I'm so bad with names.

Rav Bloch is so good. It's hard to imagine that he's really secular. He really feels like an authentic rosh yeshiva. Shpitzer plays a total sociopath too well. I hope irl he isn't so horrible.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:53 am
Is this appropriate for a 14 year old to watch?

sleepyhead

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:02 pm
Does anyone know where to get season two's episodes that were already released? It seems that they were released to YouTube in Israel, but not in the U.S.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 4:43 am
sleepyhead wrote:
Does anyone know where to get season two's episodes that were already released? It seems that they were released to YouTube in Israel, but not in the U.S.

You can download VPN Israel and watch it that way
Probably on sdarot as well
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics