Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Idea to go with (bought) iced coffee please?
Previous  1  2

MiriFr

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:45 pm
Biscotti!

Goldie613

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 1:59 am
How about a breakfast theme? A hard boiled egg, a small container of yogurt, maybe a bagel and a small container of jam?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:05 pm
Thank you everyone who responded!

So many good ideas. Biscotti, cheesecake, muffin etc. all sound great and kind of what I was envisioning but where can I get such things pre-baked and even packaged? I live oot and no bakery around here.

Or I see some people suggested nuts. I CAN get nuts around here. And feels less "cheating" because not SUPPOSED to be homemade. Should I just go with nuts? I see someone suggested roasted almonds. Any more thoughts on this?

I think I'll actually run to nut store now and see what they have.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:08 pm
To clarify, I think I'm fine with giving store-bought baked goods. But a few years ago I gave Reisman brownie bars and just didn't feel good about it... so much writing on the package, felt silly to then take that package and put it in a pretty wrapping (alone, I didn't give a whole lot of other stuff)... felt off. So something that can look nice in pretty wrapping--like "grand" enough to justify it's wrapping--is I think what I mean. Hope this makes sense.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:09 pm
Stern's, Reisman's and Beigel's have individually wrapped chocolate swirl danishes and the like in a box (they come with about 8 individually wrapped pastries in each box).
If you have a kosher store near you, you should be able to find them as they are shelf stable.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:10 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Bring the box and an iced coffee to the store. A lot of the above suggestions are great and this way you can see what fits and looks nice in the box.

What kind of store would you even go to? Or do you mean a bakery.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Stern's, Reisman's and Beigel's have individually wrapped chocolate swirl danishes and the like in a box (they come with about 8 individually wrapped pastries in each box).
If you have a kosher store near you, you should be able to find them as they are shelf stable.

Oh just saw this... No kosher store near me. When I got Reismans I ordered online. Maybe I have no deep reservations about this, just did it already. But I'll check for this online. Is there tons of writing on the package?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:13 pm
rgr wrote:
Where did you buy the iced coffee? Ive been looking for a good price on them

Price is not low on these... I think the ones I found are $2.99 but once I have my idea together I'm going to see if I can place a bulk order for less.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of store would you even go to? Or do you mean a bakery.

I meant a kosher grocery store, which it sounds like you don't have access to.
I love the Reismans brownie bars and pretty much all their products. If you can get those that's great. I don't see why you'd need to repackage it. I love packaged goods they stay fresh and I don't have to think about how many hands were involved in putting together the MM.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 10:39 am
mommyhood wrote:
I meant a kosher grocery store, which it sounds like you don't have access to.
I love the Reismans brownie bars and pretty much all their products. If you can get those that's great. I don't see why you'd need to repackage it. I love packaged goods they stay fresh and I don't have to think about how many hands were involved in putting together the MM.

I don't mean repackage... I mean keep it in it's package, and just put it like that in a pretty package in order to give. So the not especially elegant wrapper seems to "undo" some of the pretty packaging I spent time and money on. Especially since I wasn't giving a lot of items. So sort of like putting fake flowers in a beautiful vase in a center point of a room...

I mean it wasn't terrible. I did do it. I just wasn't super happy with it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:56 am
Pride of the farm has delicious ice coffees. They are on sale here for .99! Not sure if they ship them...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:28 pm
rgr wrote:
Where did you buy the iced coffee? Ive been looking for a good price on them

KRM has them for $1.79. I believe that's a sale price.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics