Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
For people who rent apartments
Previous  1  2  3

Do you find that landlords care if you are happy or that they are only interested in your money?
Landlords are money-hungry and will not attempt to make you happy  
 44%  [ 13 ]
Landlords do care whether you are happy or not and will try to satisfy you  
 55%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

gryp

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 8:43 pm
LOL our steam is on now.

momluv

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 10:30 pm
mrs. leo, I am with you all the way. now send your husband on his rounds. Very Happy

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 10:42 pm
At my last apartment, they didn't give us heat at night so we had no choice but to use our own little electric room heaters. I slept with a sweatshirt over my pjs. They raised the rent 10% as soon as our 2 yr. lease was up. The landlord would kvetch to my husband that they couldn't afford to live. (The landlord once asked us for an advance on next month's rent because he needed some cash - my husband refused.) He also kept asking us for favors with various things. We moved as soon as we found a place and B"H they give heat and let us live in peace!!!

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 11:40 pm
A portable heater is so unsafe and expensive in terms of my electric bill. why should I pay extra for something that is supposed to be included in my rent.

redhot

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 12:17 am
id like to post on behalf of a landlord...
my grandmother rented the top floor of her house to a couple. with some children. They stopped paying rent, and my grandmother oculdnt do anything about it. All laws in NYC are pro tenants. The no rent situation lasted for over a year. Eventually, she sold her house and had to actually PAY these lowlives to move out of her house so she could close on time. Ppl like this will have a special place in hell.,

ps- my grandmother is the sweetest nicest lady around. she wouldnt hurt a fly...and she treated these people with respect and courtesy even when they were not paying her rent.... she is amazing. I would not have acted as respectfully Exploding anger

momluv

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 1:24 pm
hey, mrs leo. the plumber got mr landlord to turn on our heat!! yay!! Very Happy
Anyway, on terrible tenants, I agree that some tenants take advantage of their landlords and some can be nasty as well. I am proud not to be that way but I am aware that such types of people exsist. maybe someone wants to open a thread on terrible neighbors. I've got some and I'm sure many of you have got some as well. Anyway gotta warm up now, it's cold!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 1:41 pm
There are all types of tenents and all types of landlords!

My parents have been renting out 2 apartments for 25-30 years already. They had tenants from one extreme to the other and everything in between! They had those who never paid the rent on time (or at all!) and complained about every litle thing, who left the place in shambles, who broke eveything that could've been broken.... And then there were those who never complained, even raised their own rent and ask permission for any little thing. and then there were the standard ones who sometimes nicely complained....
She always gave the same amount of steam, yet some complained it wasn't enough and some complained it was too much!!

Atali

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 7:43 pm
Quote:
There are all types of tenents and all types of landlords!

My parents have been renting out 2 apartments for 25-30 years already. They had tenants from one extreme to the other and everything in between! They had those who never paid the rent on time (or at all!) and complained about every litle thing, who left the place in shambles, who broke eveything that could've been broken.... And then there were those who never complained, even raised their own rent and ask permission for any little thing. and then there were the standard ones who sometimes nicely complained....
She always gave the same amount of steam, yet some complained it wasn't enough and some complained it was too much!!

Yep, my mother is a landlord she has had some terrible tenants. As far as raising rent is concerned, I actually offered to pay my landlord $135 more per month than the advertised rent since there were 100or so other people who wanted to rent my house.

Not only did she accept us, she even said that she felt bad about charging us so much and would only take half of the extra amount (when the property was already underpriced for the area). B"H.

momluv

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 12:31 pm
some landlords learn the hard way, and mine finally did! seems the fire dept. was checking on the boiler. (inspection done every 5 yrs. or something) anyway, they needed the key so they came into our building and wrote out a massive fine to our landlord. the hallway was massively cluttered when they came so the fine was hefty. now our dear landlord is going to finally put up a shed outside to keep our carriages in!! he definitely learned his lesson!! LOL had he listened to us sooner, he may have saved himself a couple of big bucks! Rolling Eyes
anyway I am ecstatic!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

gryp

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 12:37 pm
glad to hear things are getting better! Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics