Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What do you put in your MM if you’re making tons???
1  2  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:41 am
I’ve asked on a previous thread what people are putting in their MM. Many give out 20/40/60 etc.. What is in each one? I can’t imagine making 60 MM!

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:42 am
Potato chips drink box and a couple candies.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:43 am
ectomorph wrote:
Potato chips drink box and a couple candies.

Is this for adults or kids?

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:45 am
Both. For kids put in a kiddie thing. For adults in a small elegant gold paper bag. Comes out to about a dollar per shalach manos depending where you source the bag

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:46 am
You could do a water bottle instead of drink box for adults.

You asked what people who give a lot do. The people who I know who give a lot this is what they do. It's cheap and it's easy and people feel good that you gave them.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:48 am
For adults many do baked goods -cheap, but a lot of work.

For kids -small bag of chips/pretzels, & some cheap candies.

We give a lot of both & that’s what we usually do.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:49 am
ectomorph wrote:
You could do a water bottle instead of drink box for adults.

You asked what people who give a lot do. The people who I know who give a lot this is what they do. It's cheap and it's easy and people feel good that you gave them.

Thanks! Ok I thought people were giving out baked goods, wine, fine chocolates etc in huge quantities. Makes sense giving what you described.

aricelli

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:50 am
We give a lot but dh family has got a bakery so whatever he brings home is what we give that year- everyones happy!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:51 am
I make one baked item, plus a liquor. For example, mini chocolate babkas (I make around 40 from one recipe, in larger size nice fluted cupcake holders) and a chocolate liquor.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:51 am
We give tons, but they aren't cheap. We do 60. We give give an assortment including large bottles.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
For adults many do baked goods -cheap, but a lot of work.

For kids -small bag of chips/pretzels, & some cheap candies.

We give a lot of both & that’s what we usually do.

Amazing and impressive that you do baked goods for many!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:53 am
Iced cappuccino and 2 mini brownie bars

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 11:14 am
Chocolate and mini liquor or another nice drink bottle.

keym

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 11:33 am
Challa, muffin, some cookies or a brownie with a small grape juice, soda can, or mini Snapple. Sometimes a mini chocolate like the mini Milk Munches- 25 cents a piece.
A friend of mine gives around 150- one of those who knows everyone. She bought black paper plates, laid across a gold ribbon. Placed on top 3 chocolate chip cookies, 1 mini chocolate bar, and a mini Snapple - on sale at Costco. Wrapped in Saran, maybe $1.00 per.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 11:45 am
60 adult - 2 upscale yogurts (I buy whatever is on sale week of Purim) and 2 mini chocolate bars. With packaging was 2.50. I have a spare fridge so packaged on Sunday.

70 kids - mondo or soda. Bag chips. Oodles. Gum balls. Kids got to add something special to 5 each for their friends. Packaged last week. $1 each. 1.50 for ‘special ones’
I ran out of kid backs on Purim so repackaged what had in house at that point. I don’t like to send anyone away empty handed. I have many neices and nephews plus great neices and nephews.

20 extra special - 1 wine or 2 yogurts depending on person. Package of cookies or tea. Nicer Chocolate bar.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:12 pm
mini soda bottle, about 33 cents on sale, mini orange, 20 cents, 1 laffy taffy (6 cents), 1 organic lollipop (10 cents), 1 homemade cupcake/hamantash. Given to everyone.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 1:54 pm
I did a corn salad which is really inexpensive and easy to make.

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 1:57 pm
I find Purim to be an expensive holiday. But an enjoyable one! Not writing what I put in, because it’s pretty original, and I don’t want to give myself away Wink

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 2:00 pm
Most years baby carrots, string beans, mini peppers and mini tomatoes with two dips. This year I needed to prepare in advance so I gave a box of thin mints with a small glass Coke. About $3 each, I prepared 60 and ended up short two... Last two siblings that I saw didn't get (no hard feelings)

alef12

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 2:19 pm
I made 40. I usually give rolls and some sort of accompaniment. This year it was a mini jar of jam. I used to make about 50 but this year I decided it was ridiculous to give my seuda guests MM as well since I'm feeding them a meal lol. So I cut down a bit. I package it differently every year. This year I used a cardboard box with a plastic window.
The cost of each MM is was under $1.50 each if you only factor ingredients and materials. But I actually run a small bakery out of my house and sell the rolls for $2 each so not really so inexpensive if you figure it that way TMI

My kids (who are not little youngest is 9) make their own, they each have a budget of $30 and make what they can with that, they could make one giant one or 30 $1 ones.
They are usually extremely creative and end up making 15-25 amazing themed mishloach manos within their budget (of course they work on it for weeks)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics