Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Funny observations irl
1  2  Next

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:24 am
I was by the cleaners. A frum man walked in & wanted his pants mended- a patch on a hole & close up ripped seam. Problem was he didn't have another pants, so he went to hide behind the racks & removed his pants, to wait for it to get done. In meantime, he was doing some business on his phone. What would you think?

crust

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:26 am
That he's nuts.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:31 am
That he’s single?

honeymoon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:32 am
That he's an absentminded professor?

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:39 am
Possible it happened while he was out and about on his day & he couldn't go home to change.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:47 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Possible it happened while he was out and about on his day & he couldn't go home to change.

That's why the cleaners store has a restroom.

He can tell the tailor that hes going to wait in the restroom and give the tailor a tip for taking it from the restroom and taking it back to the restroom.

If the restroom is taken he can ask for something to cover himself while he waits.

soap suds

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:47 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:

This is the only one that seems plausible. Hard to believe that even a single, absentminded professor doesn't own a second pair of pants. OP said he was doing business on the phone while he waited, so it doesn't seem like he was some homeless destitute guy.

nchr

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:50 am
That he was out of town or on the way to a meeting and could not return home to fix his pants. I've experienced/seen some similar scenarios. I probably wouldn't even think anything of it since it's not really my issue.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:54 am
crust wrote:
That's why the cleaners store has a restroom.

He can tell the tailor that hes going to wait in the restroom and give the tailor a tip for taking it from the restroom and taking it back to the restroom.

If the restroom is taken he can ask for something to cover himself while he waits.

Most do have dressing rooms. You're right. But I've seen those that don't, & don't know about bathroom.
Also, if it was frum (chasidish) guy he may have felt somewhat covered by long underwear.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:00 am
I didn't go check what underwear he was wearing lol

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:04 am
I feel funny though 'discussing' this here. What if wife is on here? I don't think she'd be too thrilled to read about this... She'll be doubly embarrassed for his behavior...

Israeli_C

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:15 am
Am I the only one who finds this story sad?
Sad he only has one pair of pants.
Sad that it's being discussed online.
Sad that anyone would find it 'funny'.

abound

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:28 am
I find it upsetting that people can take someone else's shame and turn it into a source of entertainment. We should not forget the 3 core middos of a yid, Rachmanim, Baishanim and Gomlei Chassadim. This post is the opposite of all 3 of these middos.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:33 am
I did feel bad for the guy who can do business but not buy another pair of pants even after it tore.
Ok you can lock up this thread if you feel it's not an appropiate thread

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:41 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Am I the only one who finds this story sad?
Sad he only has one pair of pants.
Sad that it's being discussed online.
Sad that anyone would find it 'funny'.

I find this thread sort of gossipy and mean. I don't know if that was the intention, but that is how it comes off to me.

And I see there is another one like it.

I think this thread is not making optimal use of this forum.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:49 am
There are many threads that are not respectful & not to my taste either

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 6:26 am
abound wrote:
I find it upsetting that people can take someone else's shame and turn it into a source of entertainment. We should not forget the 3 core middos of a yid, Rachmanim, Baishanim and Gomlei Chassadim. This post is the opposite of all 3 of these middos.

What about kindness to dankbar? If you thought she wasn't acting like a proper kid, shouldn't you have sent her a pm or overlooked it rather than embarrassed her?

I am not understanding this public calling out of posters because you don't like the topic. It's not nice. It's not just you, it's others as well.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:07 am
I'd be uncomfortable if he was pantless behind the racks.
He should have waited in the closed dressing room or restroom.

Leahh

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:48 am
It could be passing by the tailor reminded him that his pants needed mending and had he not stopped then it wouldn't have gotten taken care of.
I've had it happen to me that when I passed the salon I use to wash my wigs I remembered that I wanted to give my wig in to wash. Unfortunately I couldn't just drop it off and wait for it and if I didn't have another head covering I couldn't leave it. So it ended up waiting another few weeks until I remembered and had the time to go back to drop it off.
Or it possibly had just happened and his pants weren't wearable that way but he lived too far to go get change and this was a better option.
Men think very practically. Pants ripped, need to be fixed, tailor down the block... problem solved.
I'm sure he never thought for 1 second what someone may have thought of him hiding pantsless waiting for his pants to be fixed.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:38 am
I've seen already by wig salon people with only one wig waiting there while wig done. The salon gave them a headcovering while waiting
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics