Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Now going to sleep at 2:00 am how do I change it?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:23 am
My baby keeps going to sleep for the night later and later I need advice on how to change it. I tied he wakes up 11:30-12 on his own if I dont wake him up. When I wake him up earlier it seems to backfire and he's cranky, and had a hard time settling yesterday he woke up 11:30-12 took a cat nap at 1:00 another 1 hour nap at 300 and slept from 5:30-8:45 it's a busy hours for me than. I didn't realize he would sleep so long and I wouldn't of been able to feed him right away. He usually gets nursed and eats when he gets up but this time 9:00 he only ate a little and then he ate more at 12:30 then played until 2:00
Can somone help me slowly switch him from this crazy schedule? Hiding

abaker

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:53 am
How old is this child?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:12 am
9 months
Also I wake up at 7:30 or 8 so sometimes he wakes up with me but doesn't fall back asleep he plays for an hour even if the room is dark and then goes back to sleep.

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:14 am
Get a sleep training book and stick to it. It will tell you what to do. Babies that age need a bedtime between 6:30 and 8 and 2 real naps a day. I liked “the happy sleeper “

pesek zman

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:53 pm
What? This schedule is so terrible and unfathomable to me!

Keep in mind that if you want him to have better sleep habits you have to teach that to him. I don’t understand what it means for a baby to go to bed at 2 am! An ideal
Schedule for a 9 month old baby would be bedtime at 6:30pm, wake up at 6:30am (they absolutely need 12 hours at this age) followed by naps at 9am and then 1pm. You need to teach baby the difference between wake time and sleep time. It will only get harder as he gets older so best to start this straight away

shanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:13 pm
I feel for you it’s not easy

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:21 pm
pesek zman wrote:
What? This schedule is so terrible and unfathomable to me!

Keep in mind that if you want him to have better sleep habits you have to teach that to him. I don’t understand what it means for a baby to go to bed at 2 am! An ideal
Schedule for a 9 month old baby would be bedtime at 6:30pm, wake up at 6:30am (they absolutely need 12 hours at this age) followed by naps at 9am and then 1pm. You need to teach baby the difference between wake time and sleep time. It will only get harder as he gets older so best to start this straight away

Totally agree. Although if you are a night owl you may prefer to have the baby sleep from 7-7 or 8-8. (7-7 always worked for me since I could nurse before getting other kids ready for school)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics