Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone bought this Avanti Oven MKB42B at Duddy's this year?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 7:47 pm

I buy a new one every Pesach. Im very familiar with it, after using this exact model for years.

I bought one on Sunday and opened the box and plugged it in because there have been years that it didnt work and had to be replaced.

The Oven light never goes on, and the convection doent make a fan noise (clearly not working).

I took a pic of the one I bought on Sunday's serial number and DH returned it.

I know got a different one today (different serial number). Same problem.

How is this possible? Two brand new ovens? Bad shipment?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:42 am
Update:

Duddy's replaced the oven I bought on Sunday with another one with a different Serial number. Same issue.

Oven light doesnt go on when its supposed to.

Avanti Cust Serv concluded that switch was installed in reverse, it works on Oven when Cooktop switch is on, and works on Cooktop (I never use the Cooktop) when Oven switch is on.

Customer Serv rep says it a manufacturing defect. I can return it to them and they will replace, if I dont want to use it as is, with reversed switch.

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:

I buy a new one every Pesach. Im very familiar with it, after using this exact model for years.

I bought one on Sunday and opened the box and plugged it in because there have been years that it didnt work and had to be replaced.

The Oven light never goes on, and the convection doent make a fan noise (clearly not working).

I took a pic of the one I bought on Sunday's serial number and DH returned it.

I know got a different one today (different serial number). Same problem.

How is this possible? Two brand new ovens? Bad shipment?

So curious - do you throw out the old one after Pesach or return it? I can't imagine someone has 20 of the same ovens.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:46 pm
I guess OP uses it for chometz after pesach and then donates it? Buys a new one for pesach so she doesn't have to store it? Maybe it only lasts the year?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I guess OP uses it for chometz after pesach and then donates it? Buys a new one for pesach so she doesn't have to store it? Maybe it only lasts the year?

It lasts less than a year. Its the biggest Countertop Oven made at this price range. I can squeeze 4 9X12s into it, because it has two racks.

One kitchen in my home has a broken oven. My plan is to redo that kitchen so Im not buying and installing a new oven. Ive been procrastinating for a long time.

This oven has a warranty for a year, and company replaces it once within that year. It never lasts the full year, because I use it often on the highest temperature for potato kugel and I guess that kills it. So I buy a new one for Pesach, put it away for next Pesach if I have a Chametz one that works (now I dont), but it dies sooner than a year, so I take the Pesach one for Chametz. Then come Pesach I buy a new one. Its about $129, so its no big deal. Like a meal for two in a classy restaurant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries