Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which color tights for girls (white dress)
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 7:43 am
If it's for shabbos and if it has to be tights, I'd go with white with maybe a silver design or mesh kind of look.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 7:55 am
There are lots of white n gold & white n silver pattenred tights. Doesn't have to be solid white.
Colored tights would look purimdig with a stark white dress. It doesn't come in.

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:46 am
If you have already chosen white shoes, I like the idea of pastel colored tights with a matching pastel hair bow for a nice summery look which avoids the neck to toe white look.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:18 am
It depends on the community you live in. In the Lakewood non-chassidish community, no one wears white tights or white knee-socks anymore. It's considered "chassidish dress".

By age 10-11 they wear nude. Before that, a sort of oatmeal-colored neutral knee sock works, or match the shoe....

I bought my tween daughter a white jumper-dress from Zara for Y"T. It has brownish buttons, and she will wear it with light-taupe colored knee socks or nude, her choice.

I've bought my daughter white dresses many times over the summer, even when she was a toddler. A little oxy-clean in the wash and it stays that color all summer, looking fresh and pretty.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:28 am
Amother smokey, colored socks do make sense with a white dress. But colored tights look awful.
Happens to be, in my neighborhood more yeshivish than chassidish wear white tights to any color outfit.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:31 am
amother wrote:
Amother smokey, colored socks do mage sense with a white dress. But colored tights look awful.
Happens to be, in my neighborhood more yeshivish than chassidish wear white tights to any color outfit.

Agree about the colored tights.

Maybe it varies by neighborhood....I haven't seen anyone in my neighborhood wearing white tights unless they are Chassidish or maybe very RW yeshivish.

nchr

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:44 am
In the secular world, white and cream tights are very waspy and sophisticated on children, but frum people with exposure to certain right wing groups may have different associations (just like seams in tights, hats, baby girls in dresses, etc.)

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:48 am
White tights with colored dresses is chassidish/yeshivish.
White tights with white dresses, you'll see all types wearing.

hanna2010

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:08 am
I’ve pushed my daughter off as long as possible regarding nude. She’s in 5th grade and I have no choice but need to give in. Question is, she usually wears knee socks in warmer weather. What can I put on her that’s nude color in knee socks? Women’s opaque nude knee highs are too long for her.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:19 am
If your daughter will wear nude, get her tights. Not opaque knee socks.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:24 am
hanna2010 wrote:
I’ve pushed my daughter off as long as possible regarding nude. She’s in 5th grade and I have no choice but need to give in. Question is, she usually wears knee socks in warmer weather. What can I put on her that’s nude color in knee socks? Women’s opaque nude knee highs are too long for her.

The girls wear nude tights, not knee socks.

My daughter is a year older than yours, and I'm getting her both - thicker knee socks in neutral colors (like condor or violet) and nude tights. I have a feeling she's not gonna wear the tights so much, but she wants to have them.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:29 am
My nine year old daughter is begging me for nude tights to go with her black and white dresses. I think she’s too young, but don’t know what else to do...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:38 am
My daughter is still little. She is six. I put on her short ruffly socks for Shabbos. Those I don't mind in white. If she wears knew socks it would be with a design or bow and a gold/silver/color. Not white.

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:26 pm
Just curious: for those whos kids wear white, I understand that oxy takes out the stains but how do you keep them looking (a bit!) clean throughout the day? The one time I bought my son white shorts he looked awful one hour in. Whats the secret?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:33 pm
My girls are 7 and 8, I got white dresses with gray shimmer socks and zeebra mary janes in a metalic silver.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:36 pm
I would wear white tights (the think kind) and rather tie in a pastel color shoe like a soft grey, pink or gold.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:38 pm
aricelli wrote:
Just curious: for those whos kids wear white, I understand that oxy takes out the stains but how do you keep them looking (a bit!) clean throughout the day? The one time I bought my son white shorts he looked awful one hour in. Whats the secret?

Exactly. Exactly. This is why my child will never own a white dress

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:42 pm
Another smokey, what about wearing white knee socks that have designs on them for weekday/ shabbos... I bought some zubbi ones with a weekday design and have jrp knee socks white with silver design... is that ok or a big no no?
Regular Lakewood... thanks!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics