Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are you happy with samsung S9 phone? cheapest place to buy?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:30 pm
I'm looking for a new phone. I have the J7. Is the s line worth the money? How much is it worth and where is the cheapest place to buy it?

srbmom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 9:35 pm
I have a Galaxy Note 9, love, love, love it. I had the S5 before this and as happy as I was you can't compare. My DH and I got a buy one get one free deal from Verizon a few months back so came out to $500 each. (We're not the types at all to need the newest phones, just happened to make sense at that point. I'm hoping they'll last 3 years each and will be well worth the money spent.)

Optione

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 9:47 pm
I just went from the J7 to the S9. I find it a much more efficient phone and the camera is incredibly magnificent compared to the J7. The only thing I don't like is that the sides of the phone are curved, so I find it hard to type letters like q,a,p,l,m.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:04 pm
thank you srb and option.
whats the advantages of a note9 over an s9?

srbmom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:44 pm
The promotion we got was only on the note 9 not s9, that's really the simple reason I went with it. I was happy about it, because the note 9 is a little larger, which I really like

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:04 am
thanks

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:18 am
My last phone was the s7. I agree about the curved sides. It also makes it hard to use a scroll bar such as the one in Google Photos. The camera is magnificent. I dislike that the home button is on the screen itself and it disappears off the screen until you touch it. Similar to when you hide the taskbar on a desktop. It just gets on my nerves. Otherwise it's an efficient phone. We rolled the cost into our monthly payment because it was so expensive. On New Years Day the special was buy an s9 and get a Samsung tablet free so we did it.

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 6:42 am
I had an s6 before and liked it very much. When I upgraded I got an a5 which also seems great. I wanted a few specific features, 1. that my phone be waterproof, 2. that it had a headphone jack (lots of phones don't now) and some other stuff I can't remember. So either the s9 was too much money or it didn't meet my specifications.

I thought the S range comes with or without the curved sides?

srbmom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 7:27 am
Funny, the curved side bothered me for like 2 days and then I got used to it. I wonder if on the note 9 it's not as noticeable because the screen is a little wider. I have never had trouble typing on it.
The one thing I did have trouble with was finding a good screen protector that stayed on with the curved sides. After trying a few brands though I found a good one

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:08 am
Any links for s9 cases that are protective where the bumpers go slightly higher than the screen, so if it falls the screen doesn't get damaged?

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:48 am
I have an S8 and love it. S9 has a better camera and battery life and is a bit larger, but they're roughly the same. If you can afford it, it's amazing. For a case, here's what I use (I'm sure there's a S9 equivalent): https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics