Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 12  13  14  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:01 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Sadly they were all out of stock. Therefore I was so glad when JF started this awesome thread.
I would b very honored if you share your book though.

Thankfully I do have the ‘Matzah crumbs- 100 different ways to get your yachatz perfect’ which includes a section on how to get the most crumbs on the floor during motzi matzah & korach.

I'm sorry I can't share. There are copyright halachos about sharing in a public forum. (Maybe if I leave out key ingredients....?)
And thank you so much for your suggestion. I'll have to overnight the Matzah crumb cookbook to add to my collection.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:40 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm sorry I can't share. There are copyright halachos about sharing in a public forum. (Maybe if I leave out key ingredients....?)
And thank you so much for your suggestion. I'll have to overnight the Matzah crumb cookbook to add to my collection.

What sect of Judaism are you that you can’t share? I’m horrified.
Don’t you know we are a nation of chesed?
Heck, we even have people generously sharing measles.

In any case, I do appreciate you putting in an order for the Matzah crumb book. I really didn’t want to out myself... but I coauthored the book...
I think you’ll love the bonus section on ‘fastest way to get your fingers black from the matzah’ and how to have suntanned look hands.
Happy reading;)

( I thought I’ll mention this also here that by leaving a 5* review you enter a chance to win pesach in Cancun)

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total

mazal555

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:59 am
WitchKitty wrote:
This had me rolling.
Do you also have microscopic stomachs? Because I love mahshi and I can't imagine one rice grain will be enough.

No. I just stuff a large number of lentils and make millions of kibbe.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:47 am
PinkFridge wrote:
You don't have Mayim Shelanu/The Complete Salt Water cookbook?(!?!?)

I've consulted a renowned water sommelier not only about the best water to pair with each course of my seder meal, but also about the proper salt and water to use for dipping.

(And yes, water sommeliers do exist. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fe......html)

InnerMe

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:10 pm
popped in here (I do that sometimes but don't have time to comment.. ) and saw this very awesome salt water thread!!!! I was like - could it be are there 2 Imas out there asking for salt water recipes??
Glad to see it was the same one.

Jewish Foodie!!!! Missed you!!!! I want to say please come back, but I myself am not here so often anymore, well, anyways please do come back for my Ima friends of the past. (see I'm unselfish like that?) Your presence is a joy.

Kosher Pesach y'all!!!!!!!!
May we all merit to experience this yom tov the feeling of freedom. Freedom to be ourselves. Freedom to grow. Freedom to serve Hashem. Freedom from whatever it is that locks us up.

I didn't forget you guys.
Oh and I certainly am using this year one of the ice cube recipes. The one with the ketchup (homemade of course!) and spices. Oh, I think it was mine!😂

And salt water I completely forgot which one I made so now the search starts again for that perfect recipe. And to think I forgot about this important detail.
Thank G-d I checked out Ima.
Bh, bh. So grateful. Gonna do some research.

But I might not be back with my results cuz I'm so pressed for time and I need to finish cleaning the chandelier, and inside my toilet tank, plus researching salt water that I think I'm barely gonna come up for air until the zman. Next year, I'll be back with the research.
❤❤ to y'all!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:17 pm
Miss you Jewish foodie and inner me.
Your posts are brilliant,humorous and the laughter gives an extra boost to many imas.
Please keep on coming back!

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:30 pm
InnerMe wrote:
But I might not be back with my results cuz I'm so pressed for time and I need to finish cleaning the chandelier, and inside my toilet tank, plus researching salt water that I think I'm barely gonna come up for air until the zman. Next year, I'll be back with the research.

Ooh you reminded me of that joke:
A _______ yid (fill in the blank of the sect that you make fun of the most) met his friend walking in the street, shlepping a whole toilet.
Yid 1: What's that for?
Yid 2: Erev Pesach.
Y1: So?
Y2: You don't get a new toilet every Pesach?
Y1: What do you think aluminum foil is for?

giselle

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 5:19 pm
Inner me, was just thinking about you yesterday!

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 1:27 am
dovebird wrote:
Now I’m stressed out. We don’t use salt water. Should I make it anyways just because everyone else is?! Help!

yes, in the baalabatish neighborhoods in Lakewood-- EVERYONE is making salt water. don't you follow all the Instagram accounts? Also, someone posted that she ran around to 5 different takeouts looking for the BEST saltwater. First, she ran around looking for a specific lil' legs outfit, but when she didn't find, she went to all the different caterers looking for saltwater. See, they started stocking saltwater when they started stocking the summer clothes, so by the time she was looking, they ran out. Also, the lady from Willy mentioned that on y"t in Willy, everyone is so dressed up and it's ridiculous. But I think she said she can't really afford to get all of her kids matching outfits because she blew her budget on salt water.....

I think...or maybe I'm getting confused between the 10 million ladies that mentioned they want to go to Touro Synagogue in Newport over Chol HaMoed? I think they wanted to bring saltwater as a hostess gift.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 5:25 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
yes, in the baalabatish neighborhoods in Lakewood-- EVERYONE is making salt water. don't you follow all the Instagram accounts? Also, someone posted that she ran around to 5 different takeouts looking for the BEST saltwater. First, she ran around looking for a specific lil' legs outfit, but when she didn't find, she went to all the different caterers looking for saltwater. See, they started stocking saltwater when they started stocking the summer clothes, so by the time she was looking, they ran out. Also, the lady from Willy mentioned that on y"t in Willy, everyone is so dressed up and it's ridiculous. But I think she said she can't really afford to get all of her kids matching outfits because she blew her budget on salt .

Lady, your search is ova’. As in done. To all of my beloved sisters here, not done doing your salt water? Can’t find the perfect recipe? Your local & not so local supermarket is out of stock?
N
It can easily dip a 50lb box of Idaho potatoes per bottle.
If you want to keep it sanitary & avoid double dipping I suggest you go with the little pink bullets. I’ve got like 100s of those. First come first serve.
Kol difchin yeisei v’dipping.

And definitely no Shaila of its kfp status- it’s sterile.

So RSVP ASAP because we might run out of stock!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 5:28 am
Here’s a better picture of the product.
Good news is all that we are running it as part of kimcha d’pischa & so no fee. Donations for sanity accepted though.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:08 am
imasoftov wrote:

Hangout Kosher Kingdom. You are so busted. Tongue Out

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:46 am
I dont like talking about other people but theres another thread where someones looking for a kiddie pool... is it possible?!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:58 am
aricelli wrote:
I dont like talking about other people but theres another thread where someones looking for a kiddie pool... is it possible?!

Huh?

My husband made the salt water already. We are ready for pesach. Now I'm looking for afikomen presents Smile

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 11:29 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Huh?

My husband made the salt water already. We are ready for pesach. Now I'm looking for afikomen presents Smile

Oh- I was sure you were having a lot of guests over and you needed a bigger storage area for your salt water.

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 11:30 am
And thanks to all the wonderful women who bought laughter to me this erev pesach - it was the first time that I prepared my salt water with a big goofy grin on my face. Have a wonderful pesach!

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 11:43 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Huh?

Yeah- I know, my humors not that great year round so kaal
Vachomer erev pesach... guess I’ll stick to doing what I do best- making salt water

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:32 pm
Araceli, I’m shocked! Where is you ahaves yisrael to be dlk’z. Where do you mix your salt water for a crowd- if not in a kiddie pool???

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:41 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Araceli, I’m shocked! Where is you ahaves yisrael to be dlk’z. Where do you mix your salt water for a crowd- if not in a kiddie pool???

Sorry- this year I sat all the anti-vaxers out in the pool so I need a different option for my salt water. I think they got the better part of the deal

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:43 pm
I put them in the cabana instead. The pool is available once more to all and sundry
Page 9 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics