Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Norwegian Cruise May 2019

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:49 am
Is anyone going on a Norwegian cruise to Bermuda on May 5?
Any tips about shabbos and kashrus there? What do we do with electric keys?
What drinks are kosher?
Is ice cream all kosher there?

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:52 am
https://www.star-k.org/article.....es-2/

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:16 am
Royal Caribbean ships have kosher frozen meals you order them two weeks before the cruise
they have a room with a shul on it.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
Royal Caribbean ships have kosher frozen meals you order them two weeks before the cruise
they have a room with a shul on it.

Thanks. I'm going on Norwegian, but also ordered kosher meals

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:36 pm
Tip #1. The fridge cant be jimmy rigged to use on Shabbos. Use the ice bucket filled with ice.

Tip # 2. Bring led tea lights in case you cant use real ones, whatever your shita.

Tip # 3. Bring a cheap magnet or cardboard from a shirt to tape over the doir jamb locking spot so you can get in and out but the door looks closed. Keep valuables in your safe.

Tip #4 . Bring a card or paper to put in the light "switch" so they will stay as you set them for Shabbos.

I have done this trip to Bermuda on NCL. If you have any questions, I will try to check in to this thread.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 2:13 pm
Thanks, salmon amother!

If I stick a card in the light switch, it won't go off/on when I leave/come into the room?

Don't think I understood what to do with the door...

Which activities did you do on the island? Did you buy them on the ship or once got there?

Anything I should know about ship activities - which shows to go to, etc?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:17 pm
I've done that cruise. The ice cream was kosher. The staff is very accommodating re showing you the packaging of food items. There are many kosher people who take that cruise. We even brought along a frying pan, with utensils, and Pam to have them make omlettes for us (we adjusted the heat) for breakfast. I would take along salad dressing (at the time they didn't have kosher salad dressing). We ordered plain salad, and used our own dressing. I think the ship excursions are overpriced. I took out a travel book from the library on Bermuda, and it listed nice activities at cheaper rates. A good book will advise you about buying a bus pass that it also good for boat transportation around the island, and other useful tips. FYI at the time there was very little limited free WiFi in Bermuda. (Hopefully that has changed). You may want to keep your phone in airplane mode until you get to a free WiFi spot (I think at the main bus station) so you don't get hit with crazy data fees. Have a great time!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:23 pm
Thanks, Apricot amother!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:14 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics