Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Advice on making sourdough bread

nanny24/7

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:07 am
Hi everyone!
I am eager to make my own homemade sourdough bread. I haven't even started making starter yet.... But I do have some experience as 2 years ago I kashered my fleishige oven to switch it to dairy and made sourdough pizza a bunch of times. My question now is, I currently only have space for one oven and really have been using it for fleishigs a lot so I don't want to switch it to dairy again. But when I make the bread I really want to be able to put butter or cheese on it. So I was thinking of buying a bread machine but I have read online that they are really not so good for making a true sourdough bread as they don't let the dough rise long enough.
What do you all suggest?
I don't want to buy a convection oven as that would take up a lot of space, and also I am concerned that my preschooler would touch it (it seems they all get hot outside).
Besides I doubt how well a bread would come out in a convection oven?
My next question is, if it is practical to make sourdough bread with a bread machine, then which bread machine would you recommend for this purpose?
Also if any of you have tips on sourdough starters or sourdough bread in general let me know!
I am thinking of trying a starter made from rye flour and unwashed organic blueberries.
I have done it with cherries in the past. Will blueberries work as well?
Looking forward to your input.
Thanks in advance!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads