Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Fish

ttbtbm

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:23 pm
I usually prepare salmon with fresh lemons juice, salt and pepper. When I need something nicer I use the Bais Yaakov Cookbook breaded salmon recipe and once in a while make a pickled salmon. For Shavuos I would like to serve more fish than meat but am looking for something special. Does anyone have any recipes to share? It doesn’t have to be salmon - flounder or sea bass would be nice for Yom Tov too.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:26 pm
I did different topping stripes on salmon fillet. Very pretty. Like black sesame seeds, parsley flakes, minced garlic. Etc. So every part of slice has different taste

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:31 pm
Salmon cubed on skewers is nice on top of angel hair pasta.

Flaky bowl filled with spinach topped with salmon roses & surrounded with cucumber/tomato slices & salad drizzled with dressing

Sushi tempura salad. Using different cubes of fish breaded/fried on top of rice & salad with avocado....spicy mayo/soy sauce etc

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:36 pm
I love fresh seared tuna steak on YT morning.

Cheiny

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:39 pm
ttbtbm wrote:
I usually prepare salmon with fresh lemons juice, salt and pepper. When I need something nicer I use the Bais Yaakov Cookbook breaded salmon recipe and once in a while make a pickled salmon. For Shavuos I would like to serve more fish than meat but am looking for something special. Does anyone have any recipes to share? It doesn’t have to be salmon - flounder or sea bass would be nice for Yom Tov too.

Spread mayo mixed with ketchup (or bbq sauce or horseradish sauce) on salmon, dip in cornflake crumbs mixed with spices, bake. Delish!

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:43 pm
Sesame fish nuggets made from cubed tilapia. ( like sesame chicken style with same type of sweet & tangy sauce)

MiriFr

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:57 pm
Theres a really cool one that a friend sent me. I forgot which cookbook it's in. You soak a cedar plank overnight and put salmon on top when ready to cook. Brush with olive oil, salt, pepper. Bake on 425 till flaky. And then you make a strawberry salsa- 2 C diced strawberries, 1 diced jalapeno, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil or mint, a tablespoon evoo, juice of 1 lime, 1/3 C diced purple onion, salt+pepper.
I serve it cold, but my friend serves it hot with cold salsa.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:03 pm
I've done already with a pineapple, mango pomegranate salsa

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:58 pm
Mix honey/soy sauce in equal amount, pour on fish (depending on size of fish) I put 1/3c of each for half fillet.
sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 30 minutes covered. Then uncover and broil for last 5 minutes.(adjust cooking time with size of fish. Don't overcook!)
Amother cause it's my favorite and easiest recipe!

MiriFr

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:10 pm
dankbar wrote:
I've done already with a pineapple, mango pomegranate salsa

Gonna try that! Sounds amazing and refreshing

mom!

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:16 pm
You can make flounder or salmon popper. Dip cubes into egg, and flavored corn flake crumbs. Bake or fry. Combine 1/4 c sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup brown sugar and a bit more than 1/3 cup hot sauce. Bake for a few more minutes.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:38 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Gonna try that! Sounds amazing and refreshing

I used orange juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper & sugar ( you can also do purple onion.) Either mix salsa a few minutes over flame & pour onto fish & bake. Other option, you do a baked fish recipe & pour raw uncooked cold salsa over the baked fish before serving.

It depends if you like the taste of cooked pineapple or rather like a tropical salad on fish.

It was once in a Binah magazine for pesach

aliavi

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:41 pm
I do a mayo based dill dip on top. It looks nice and keeps well for moist salmon.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:50 pm
I like to make pickled salmon. It's good served cold or room temperature and is best made a few days ahead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics