Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Healthiest Kosher Popsicles

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:06 am
We love popsicles but dont want to eat garbage all day. Which popsicles are the healthiest as in come from real fruit less added sugar etc?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:09 am
Otter Pops. Or try making your own. IKEA has great reusable I've pop soft, squeeze up molds with covers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:17 am
Thanks! Just want to clarify I'm talking about a full sized popsicle not those long freeze pops that look like gogurts. How do you make your own?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:21 am
Buy the organic real fruit no added sugar ones.
My kids won’t eat it but if yours will ...

Otherwise just find the brands that don’t use food coloring and don’t make such a big deal..,

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:22 am
The Otter Pops are freeze pops.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Just want to clarify I'm talking about a full sized popsicle not those long freeze pops that look like gogurts. How do you make your own?

Make a fruit smoothie and pour into a popsicle mold. If you don't want to buy popsicle molds, just pour the smoothie into disposable plastic cups and freeze them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:26 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Buy the organic real fruit no added sugar ones.
My kids won’t eat it but if yours will ...

Otherwise just find the brands that don’t use food coloring and don’t make such a big deal..,

Which brands make organic real fruit ones?
Probably should try a health foods store.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 6:32 am
Trader Joe's has all kinds of yummy frozen goodness. I miss them! Crying I'd kill for a Trader Joe's in Israel (and a Costco, too.)

I remember Otter Pops from when I was a kid. As I recall, it was sugar, water, and artificial flavors and colors. I doubt it had ever been anywhere near a fruit.

Do you kids like bananas? You can freeze peeled bananas on a popsicle stick, and then dip them in melted chocolate, sprinkle chopped nuts on top, and then freeze them again. Freeze on a cookie sheet, and when they are completely hard you can store them in a large ziplock bag.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 6:51 am
I bought Otter pops that were made from fruit juice only but I guess they make different types. FF those banana pops sound delicious!

groovy1224

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 6:58 am
Honestly there are so many now that are 100% fruit juice, you don't have to go to health food store to find them.

My kids love the minutemaid ones, they have all sorts of fruit juice blends.

But still be aware, of course, that even if it's 100% juice it's not a health food, they contain lots and lots of sugar.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:33 am
You can get popsicle molds at Bed Bath and Beyond, Ikea, the 99 cent store...... Fill with your kids' favorite juices, or lemonade. Freeze. Inexpensive and delicious.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:47 am
There is a brand I buy at Whole Foods that I like. Can't remember the name. But anything without corn syrup and artificial color/flavor is okay with me. Low sugar content is a plus. I'd rather make my own but I'm pretty lazy.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:18 am
Freeze orange juice or pineapple in plastic popsicles!

Make your own combo with mango juice.

Only natural fruit sugar in those!

Lizzie4

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 10:26 am
I freeze the applesauce that comes in those little containers. Low or no sugar and takes the kids forever to eat Wink

finallyamommy

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:46 am
I make chocolate-banana frozen yogurt and strawberry frozen yogurt popsicles. Super easy, and no added sugar (though do add a little honey, apparently it helps the texture when it freezes).

cbg

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:17 pm
There’s also a machine that freezes icees in less than a few minutes
Can’t remember what it’s called
You keep the base in the freezer and when you want you pour juice and viola popsicles.

Found the name it’s called zoku

greenfire

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:33 pm
whole foods 365 brand makes fruit & veggie bars ...
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.c.....-bars
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.c.....-bars
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.c.....e-bar

you can readily create your own in a blender ...

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:35 pm
https://www.target.com/p/the-o.....23696
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen