Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best pizza in Israel?
Previous  1  2

mochamix18

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:01 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I like the pizza best in Big Bite in shefa.

To the poster who mentioned Big Apple - is that in ramat eshkol? Didn't they receive a new hechsher now as well?

It’s a chain with many locations. It could be the location is Ramat Eshkol received a more stringent hechsher. I’m not really sure. The majority of locations around Yerushalayim are Rabbanut Mehadrin Yerushalayim.

mochamix18

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:10 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Amother natural, saying that some hechsheirim are good doesn't automatically make the other ones bad. Some are really better than others and some are really bad and cannot be trusted, especially in Israel. I don't know why you're taking this so personally.
I think all a mother natural was really trying to say is that better wording would be a more stringent hechsher or even better specifying what hechsherim you hold by in Israel. And no matter what teuda you hold be it’s important to check that the teuda is up to date and not a photocopy Smile

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:45 pm
In certain circles in Israel that's how ppl say it. 'A good hechsher'. I don't think anything was meant by it and please don't take it personally. I know I've also used certain words here that are normal for my circles forgetting that there are all types of ppl on this forum...

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 3:31 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
In certain circles in Israel that's how ppl say it. 'A good hechsher'. I don't think anything was meant by it and please don't take it personally. I know I've also used certain words here that are normal for my circles forgetting that there are all types of ppl on this forum...

I'm not taking it personally. Why would I?

I just think people don't always realize that words have value. We have to be sensitive. Your kids hear "good" and learn that everything else is "bad." Just because everyone in your social circle puts down other Jews is no excuse.

I am not a pizza maven, so I can't help with the original request.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:16 pm
Amother natural, why do you think people assume that when someone tells them something is good, everything else is automatically bad?? A certain hechsher can be good, it doesn't automatically make all other hechsheirim bad.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 10:31 pm
When I moved back from Israel a year ago, the pizza store on malchei yisroel was selling pies for 26/28 shekel. They r much smaller than regular pies. It's a small store smack in middle of geula.

mochamix18

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 1:47 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
When I moved back from Israel a year ago, the pizza store on malchei yisroel was selling pies for 26/28 shekel. They r much smaller than regular pies. It's a small store smack in middle of geula.

Are you referring to Uri’s?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 1:56 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Nope. I live in Israel and I don't eat every hechsher. But when you say that some are good, you are automatically saying that some are bad. And that's unacceptable, because they are all kosher. Especially in Israel, where a good part of (perhaps the majority of) what hashgacha you eat has more to do with politics than kashrus.

As the saying goes, what comes out of your mouth is at least as important as what goes in. Dissing the rabbanut isn't kosher.

No. You're wrong. Certain "hechsherim" in israel actually don't care one bit about bishul akum etc...stuff that would NEVER fly in America. Those are considered bad hechsherim, bad because they present as having kosher certification but one could actually be eating food cooked by a non Jew,bread where no one took challah, bugs in fruit and veggies ,zero supervision in the kitchen etc etc etc. It's not just about kosher meat folks. Yes, there are bad hechsherim.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 2:06 am
Mochamix18, I'm referring to another pizza store, don't even know if it has an official name. I think it's a block before pizza uri on the same side.

Uri is 11 per slice and I think 80 per pie. It's two totally different tasting pizza.

Pizza uri has regular pies and sauce is yum

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 2:12 am
Dr. Toast on Shmuel Hanavi right before Bar Ilan has amazing pizza!
Rubin hechsher

juggling

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 2:31 am
I'm with amother natural on this. Many charedim, especially American ones, don't realize how common it is for Israelis who are not charedi to rely on the rabanut. Much of the difference between different hechsherim is about chumrot, hidurim, hakpadot. You may choose to keep a higher standard, but it's important to recognize it as a higher personal (or community) standard. Judging a large portion of the israeli population as not keeping kosher, is a pretty big deal.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 2:48 am
juggling wrote:
I'm with amother natural on this. Many charedim, especially American ones, don't realize how common it is for Israelis who are not charedi to rely on the rabanut. Much of the difference between different hechsherim is about chumrot, hidurim, hakpadot. You may choose to keep a higher standard, but it's important to recognize it as a higher personal (or community) standard. Judging a large portion of the israeli population as not keeping kosher, is a pretty big deal.

http://kosherpoint.passroads.c.....tive/

juggling

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 3:12 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
http://kosherpoint.passroads.com/mehadrin/mehadrin_alternative/

I'm not sure why you brought this link. I am aware that not all hechsherim are the same. I still think we should be mindful of our words and the judgement they carry.

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 3:15 am

I just took Dd there. It has a name, maybe I’ll remember to check next time I’m around. She ordered a 1/4 pizza. They cut it more if you want.

mochamix18

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 7:01 am
Mochamix18, I'm referring to another pizza store, don't even know if it has an official name. I think it's a block before pizza uri on the same side.

Uri is 11 per slice and I think 80 per pie. It's two totally different tasting pizza.

Pizza uri has regular pies and sauce is yum
I hear you, there are so many

Forrealx

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 7:11 am
There is this delicious pizza place next to the post office in yerushalayim by far one of the best pizza's I ever had.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 8:24 am
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!

I lived in E"Y for years but moved back to ch"l 20 years ago and am B"H finally going back for a week!! When I lived in E"Y (and I lived there for years) there definitely were bad hechsheirim, lol! Maybe because I wasn't living in a city, maybe it's different if you're in a big urban area, but I lived in a non-religious area where there were definitely plenty of bad hechsherim! No need to read more into the phrase than I meant - if people are being honest they'll acknowledge that there are all kinds of hechsherim in E"Y because there are all types of people with varying levels of knowledge and observance. When I lived there I was actually dati leumi but became yeshivish to accommodate my husband when we got married. No judgement meant - I am friends with all types and love and appreciate variety in Klal Yisroel!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions