Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The Shidduchim gathering in Flatbush- is it depressing?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 8:44 am
There wil be a gathering tonight with speakers (Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser)and Shadchanim. Do girls that go to these gatherings come home feeling better about themselves or worse when they see all the other anxious singles?

If there are hundreds of girls there, won't the especially pretty ones get most of the attention from the Shadchanim?

Date & Time:
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 8:00 pm

550 Ocean Parkway Bet. Ditmas & Ave F
Brooklyn, NY 11218

technic

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:09 am
ummmmm shouldnt any half-decent shadchan know that beauty goes beyond the superficial???? shock

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:45 am
technic wrote:
ummmmm shouldnt any half-decent shadchan know that beauty goes beyond the superficial???? shock
Unfortunately Shadchanim are sales people. They sell girls to boys and boys to girls. Looks, while not all alone w/o other qualities, has always been and still is today a highly marketable quality. Coupled with other factors, the better looking the girls are, the more easy sell.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:57 am
I agree. They can't help being businesspeople, and they make more money if they make more matches. So it's only natural that they'll prefer to work with more attractive people, considering how superficial so many people are about their preferences.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 12:52 pm
yup... I had many times shadchans tell me to drop some weight and then come and talk to them

after I dropped some weight, they started in on me about how I dress...etc etc..

southernbubby

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 1:35 pm
Any woman who is reading this now can be pretty in time for the meet. Have someone help with hair and make-up and clothes ASAP!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 1:37 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Any woman who is reading this now can be pretty in time for the meet. Have someone help with hair and make-up and clothes ASAP!

Don't forget the plastic surgeon. Because not every one is gorgeous just because they change clothes and put on makeup.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 1:38 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Not that easy - many girls work til 5 and then travel, and have to eat. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics