Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Bread machine

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 10:48 pm
I'm thinking of buying a bread machine but not sure. I would love to be able to make whole wheat bread quickly and easily bec. it's hard to find 100% whole wheat bread that tastes good.
Does anyone have experience with doing that? Which is the best machine to use? Can one use it for making challah aswell?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

baby's mom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 10:58 pm
I used to make 100 percent whole wheat in my machine til one day it broke shock I'm not sure if it was the dough--100% WW tends to be dense.

Now I started making WW and Whole spelt! it comes out delicious Thumbs Up
When purchasing a bread machine take into account the different settings, ur budget, the size of loaf..Basically from my experience they're pretty much the same.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 11:01 pm
Most machines have a dough cycle which you can use to make challah. you still have to take it out and braid it, then bake it, but if you only want to make 2 loaves, it works well.

MMEC123

Post Fri, Jul 08 2005, 11:12 am
Make sure you really plan on keeping up with using it. We got one for a wedding present & it was fun at first and we used it a lot but I haven't used it in months! Also- for making challah, it does the dough for you but no bread machines that I've seen are big enough to hold enough flour to be able to take challah with a bracha.

queen

Post Fri, Jul 08 2005, 11:57 am
I was all excited having gotten a bread machine (2 pound loaf ability) for my wedding.... thinking I'd use it to make challah. Well..... I use my basch for challah and the bread machine is still yet to be used!!! One of these days I'll break it in!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads