Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:30 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
One of my DD is an anti-Vaxer
She’s planning to home school.

Curious how you feel about it. What ages? Is she not working?

momsrus

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:32 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Were you one of those that stood by the balcony and shouted down after the verdict was out? I’m simply curious!

That was disgusting! Any antivaxxers care to explain their reaction?

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:33 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.

They don't need rabbis for religious exemption. They just give you a form you fill out yourself. That is how it used to be when I was anti vax. Maybe things changed since then?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:17 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I wonder if NJ schools are going to welcome NY anti-vaxers or if they are eventually going to enact similar legislation.

Most of the NJ schools I know of are strict already and don't accept antivaxers. My guess is vaccine records will become part of the application because it's easier to not accept a kid than to kick out an accepted kid.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:19 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
The NY law is that one must have "age-appropriate" appointments for catching up. Regardless, 30 days to give even just one dose of 12 diseases is system overload!

That's what happens if you don't get them when you're supposed to...

meme6

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:22 pm
homeschooling in NY is very hard it’s not easy at all I know some anti vaxxers looked Into it already

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:46 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
That's what happens if you don't get them when you're supposed to...

Excuse me? The law allowed me a religious exemption. I wasn't "supposed to" nothing.

If they were realistic about all of this, it might have worked. But ramming a law straight through both houses in Albany and through the governor within 8 hours of being placed on the agenda in the health committee might NOT have been such a good idea. In their haste, they forgot to work out the small workable details, and this will be their downfall.

HelloG

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:15 pm
I spoke to a few anti vaxxers today. I joked n asked them when their doctors appointment is. They looked at me as if I fell from moon. None of them were remotely planning to vax

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:19 pm
meme6 wrote:
homeschooling in NY is very hard it’s not easy at all I know some anti vaxxers looked Into it already

Then it's probably "toot toot Tootsie goodbye".

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:46 pm
Excuse me? The law allowed me a religious exemption. I wasn't "supposed to" nothing.

If they were realistic about all of this, it might have worked. But ramming a law straight through both houses in Albany and through the governor within 8 hours of being placed on the agenda in the health committee might NOT have been such a good idea. In their haste, they forgot to work out the small workable details, and this will be their downfall.

Well well, the outbreak happened when, september? October? It took them some time till they came out with the law. That's not that hasty! And the discussion of this happening was ongoing. Don't pretend to suddenly be so surprised by it.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:10 pm
yksraya wrote:
Well well, the outbreak happened when, september? October? It took them some time till they came out with the law. That's not that hasty! And the discussion of this happening was ongoing. Don't pretend to suddenly be so surprised by it.

It was a measles outbreak, remember? And yeah, I gave the MMR in November.
What's hasty is the requirement of ALL shots for ALL kids, not only new incoming ones, within 30 days.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:16 pm
It was a measles outbreak, remember? And yeah, I gave the MMR in November.
What's hasty is the requirement of ALL shots for ALL kids, not only new incoming ones, within 30 days.

The world does not only revolve around you. There are plenty who didn't yet give the MMR.

And measles is not the only outbreak that can happen. Why wait till more diseases get reintroduced just because some people choose to destroy herd immunity?

Bleemee

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:52 pm
yksraya wrote:
They don't need rabbis for religious exemption. They just give you a form you fill out yourself. That is how it used to be when I was anti vax. Maybe things changed since then?
Do you have a post about your past views and what changed?

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:59 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Do you have a post about your past views and what changed?

No, I haven't publicly explained exactly what drove me to change. It's too long and too private.

I did explain tho that given that I have an autistic brother and I was brainwashed that shots can cause autism, I was scared to vaccinate. Now I know better.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:01 pm
yksraya wrote:
The world does not only revolve around you. There are plenty who didn't yet give the MMR.

And measles is not the only outbreak that can happen. Why wait till more diseases get reintroduced just because some people choose to destroy herd immunity?

Who said the world revolves around me? Those who didn't give MMR till now, they ain't never gonna give it.

And I understand the concern about future outbreaks, but in order to get compliance, the plan needs to be realistically doable. The current law, AIUI, is not. I mean, doctors don't even give well-visit appointments within 30 days! And if someone hasn't vaxxed till now, they won't be giving all vaccines in one visit.

My point is that by biting into a too big apple means you stay with nothing.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:06 pm
yksraya wrote:
No, I haven't publicly explained exactly what drove me to change. It's too long and too private.

I did explain tho that given that I have an autistic brother and I was brainwashed that shots can cause autism, I was scared to vaccinate. Now I know better.

You also mentioned that you vaxxed your first one or two, then stopped, then started again. Basically you never really knew where you're standing on this issue.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:17 pm
You also mentioned that you vaxxed your first one or two, then stopped, then started again. Basically you never really knew where you're standing on this issue.

But now I know. I've educated myself.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:20 pm
Who said the world revolves around me? Those who didn't give MMR till now, they ain't never gonna give it.

And I understand the concern about future outbreaks, but in order to get compliance, the plan needs to be realistically doable. The current law, AIUI, is not. I mean, doctors don't even give well-visit appointments within 30 days! And if someone hasn't vaxxed till now, they won't be giving all vaccines in one visit.

1. It's not that hard to get a well visit even for the next day. (especially if you say you want to vaccinate).

2. You keep forgetting it's gonna be summer vacation. That means it's not actual 30 days but you have all summer.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:33 am
yksraya wrote:
But now I know. I've educated myself.

Good for you!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:35 am

You are wrong, I know people who were very vocal about being anti vaxx but did give the mmr when school said their kids can't attend anymore. So don't be so sure that many more won't cave.
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics