Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Toilet brush for cleaning other than a toilet
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:32 pm
OMG the jokes are making me vomit. I had to stop reading.

aricelli

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:41 pm
Its just the heat...

soap suds

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:57 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
When im not using it for the toilet, I like to use it to stir soup....but thats just me..

On days that I don't make soup, I use it to brush my hair.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:00 am
I brandish it as a sword when I request a bc heter from my rav.
(Refer to other thread for reference)

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:09 am
On Mikvah days, after I cook & mix the soup, I then brush my back with it & then whack my kids into bed so I can have some quiet.
Can you beat me? (No pun intended, NOT with your ecoli yuck brush please. Tnx)

Einikel

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:10 am
It makes an excellent toothbrush

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
OMG the jokes are making me vomit. I had to stop reading.

Yup, me too. But then I decided- hey, if you can’t beat ‘em, join them & so here I am.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a friend who is very into cleanliness. She is always complaining how filthy her house is when it is immaculate.
She told me that when her cleaning lady doesn't come she cleans her bathtub with a toilet brush that she used for the toilet.
I thought that was so odd and unsanitary but she said she has very expensive toilets and they are super clean.
Do you use your toilet brush to clean anything other than the toilet bowl?

Her toilets may be expensive, but her waste products are just as stinky as everyone else’s. Surprised Hi Tongue Out Except for mine of course so I prefer to use my toilet brush on our plates. Especially when we have guests.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:45 am
I live to make people feel inadequate, as you can tell. Can YOUR toilet....never mind...I hate shoving my privilege in peoples faces..

The newer models make chulent. Just saying.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 3:02 am
Maybe she used up all her money on the fancy toilet and can't buy something to use for her bathtub.
On a serious note, I use the disposable ones in my house: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-.....?th=1

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 5:51 am
Sometimes my 2 year old uses the toilet brush as a toothbrush Tongue Out

Edit: Awh Einikel beat me to it!
Although he really does do this sometimes. We had to start putting it up high out of reach embarrassed

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:14 am
It would never occur to me to use my toilet brush to clean anything other than the toilet, but then I have no imagination that way. , tbh I don’t see that it’s so bad to use it on the tub unless you eat in there or use your tub to make bootleg liquor (in which case the alcohol would kill the germs, anyway.) Presumably the brush is being used with some sort of cleanser and both brush and tub rinsed after use, both of which will send germs sliding down the drain. The cooties are not going to jump into your mouth from the brush or the surface of the tub. BTW the bathroom air is full of cooties just from flushing, anyway.

There is no need for a tub to be surgically clean, and if a couple of germs hang around on its surface, it’s still a whole lot more sanitary than other surfaces, like, uh, the outside and inside of your washing cup, the area around your toilet paper dispenser, the toilet handle, and the sink faucets, to say nothing of the floor. Unless you never, ever, stand barefoot on your bathroom floor, you’re freaking out for nothing.

tsc3

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:05 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Sometimes my 2 year old uses the toilet brush as a toothbrush Tongue Out

Edit: Awh Einikel beat me to it!
Although he really does do this sometimes. We had to start putting it up high out of reach embarrassed

No joke. My 2 year old came out of the bathroom brushing his hair with the toilet brush saying 'bwush haiw'. That was probably the loudest I ever screamed and the quickest I ever put him in the bath... Puke

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:13 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
The newer models make chulent. Just saying.

I was very obviously speaking about my summer home toilets! I was sure it was self understood!

Our regular toilets can make brisket with an amuse bouche. Brush used for basting every half hour btw..

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:46 am
I am treating the original post as serious although I am genuinely enjoying the jokes.

Assuming the original post is serious, I don't understand the logic of the friend who is using the toilet brush for her tub because a toilet brush has a design that is intended to work for toilets and doesn't even seem designed particularly well for bath tubs.

Also this woman has an "expensive" toilet and yet she is too cheap to stock her bathroom with an addition $10 or $15 tool for the tub?

And what does the cleaning woman use because the original post states she uses it when the cleaning woman isn't around.

And of course the interesting use of an "expensive toilet" which appears to be relative. I just installed what I considered to be an expensive Toto toilet which has a special finish which resists any kind of dirt attaching to it. (It also has a pre-rinse cycle so that the sides are lubricated). The instructions state that one is NOT supposed to use any kind of harsh brush on it so I have a very soft brush made of silicone and not a typical scrub brush. So what kind of expensive toilet does this woman have with a finish that can be "scrubbed". Inquiring minds want to know. Hiding Hiding

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:31 am
Oh my, ladies!!!
I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard! I'm tearing.
Thank you so much for the laughter relief.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:41 am
I was very obviously speaking about my summer home toilets! I was sure it was self understood!

Our regular toilets can make brisket with an amuse bouche. Brush used for basting every half hour btw..

Summer home! Can we come for a weekend? (I’ll bring my own toilet brush)

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:54 am
aricelli wrote:
Summer home! Can we come for a weekend? (I’ll bring my own toilet brush)

As much as I would love to host you, (truly, I would, not being facetious) my spare rooms are for the help..I need at least 4 teams to tackle what I deal with in the summer. (Cooking for Rosh Hashanah, and Sukkos and Chanukah, with a nod toward Purim, if the weather is right.)

So my toilets and their own brushes are BUSY all summer! (Especially when we eat sushi at the pool but thats a whole different parsha. Does anyone elses sushi go bad when its left outside for only 4 hours? I think my sushi guy is using old fish. )

Rich people problems...sorry for bothering u guys...we one percenters really have it hard in the summer. My husband may open a charity for us called 'Matir Ashirim.'

Open your hearts (and wallets) plz

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:01 pm
As much as I would love to host you, (truly, I would, not being facetious) my spare rooms are for the help..I need at least 4 teams to tackle what I deal with in the summer. (Cooking for Rosh Hashanah, and Sukkos and Chanukah, with a nod toward Purim, if the weather is right.)

So my toilets and their own brushes are BUSY all summer! (Especially when we eat sushi at the pool but thats a whole different parsha. Does anyone elses sushi go bad when its left outside for only 4 hours? I think my sushi guy is using old fish. )

Rich people problems...sorry for bothering u guys...we one percenters really have it hard in the summer. My husband may open a charity for us called 'Matir Ashirim.'

Open your hearts (and wallets) plz

Oh too bad!

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a friend who is very into cleanliness. She is always complaining how filthy her house is when it is immaculate.

Humblebragging is alive and well.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry