Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Giving Immunization on time

When do you immunize your child
2 Months  
 58%  [ 7 ]
6 months  
 8%  [ 1 ]
After a Year  
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

cr2005

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 8:03 pm
I've been struggling with this subject even before I had kids. Well my mom is very much against it. I believe that giving shots to a child at 2 months of age is a good thing to do, but I've seen kids who have reacted badly to it, either developed colds, coughing.........after they have gotten the shot and took forever to get rid of it, and some kids never do.
(Its hard to say that the shot caused it)
With my first child I started to give her shots at 9 month of age when she started to get her teeth. I felt that before then her body wasn't strong enough to handle whatever they were putting in her ...............she caught up a bit late but she got there............at 12 month of age your suppose to get the MRR and DPT I think. I did those shots in two different times.
With my second I started earlier being that we were traveling to a new country and I didn't want her catch anything that would be going around.
anyone have comment I would love to hear from you

daisy

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 9:25 pm
With my youngest, I started at about 4-6 months (don't remember exactly). However, I only do 2 shots at a time and have been dragging them out. We are way behind (this is partly because we end up only going to the dr when my kids are sick and we don't immunize when sick). My pediatrician is totally behind me on this (she has other patients that delay or don't immunize at all). She says he'll be caught up by kindergarten. I believe she waits to do the MMR until after age 2. She does not believe in the shot that has 5 types in one either.

My reasoning is similar to yours, in that I don't want to overwhelm the child's immune system with too many foreign substances at a time and I want his/her body to be strong enough to handle it. On the other hand, I've read too many stories about how kids died from these diseases in the past; and while some will argue that there are other factors involved, such as lack of sanitation (which I do believe is true), I really don't want to take any chances.

Those are my thoughts in brief.

RedVines

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 9:51 pm
I feel really naive about this, I am the type of person that agrees with the dr. 100% for no other reason but: Oh he must be right. Which immunizations do I say no to? For Example my daughter has her 15 month appt tomorrow, There will probably be shots. What is the right thing to do?

cr2005

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 10:33 pm
I believe she waits to do the MMR until after age 2.

why is that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics