Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cape Cod

Jacoby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 12:08 am
My sister and her hubby are thinking of going?
Anyone been there?
suggestions if its worth it to go and what there is to do?
Thanks!

mc'cutie

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 1:03 am
We went to Cape Cod for 2 days last summer, and I wouldnt go there again. Basically there are alot of beaches and boating places etc, however we found it very boring.
My husband does not enjoy sitting at the beach and relaxing and other than relaxing and going around to some local attractions we found that there was nothing much to do there. We went with another couple who basically expected to just have fun, (with there 1 yr old kvetchy daughter) and since it was more of a relaxed place they complained about it non stop, I think that it just added to my disliking of the place, I however was just happy to spend time with my husband and baby.

However my SIL and her family spent a full week there and loved it. She said they went swimming every day, made a bbq at night, sat on the beach and just relaxed.

So I guess it really depends on what your sister is interested in doing there. Also if you want a nice hotel, you have to book on the outskirts of Cape Cod, we only found Motels in Cape Cod itself. There are some water parks and better attractions, (whale watching) outside of Cape Cod as well which we didnt go to. (since nothing was good enough for this other couple we went with anyway)

Jacoby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:12 pm
Thanks for your response.
They wont be going with any children so that shouldnt be an issue.
Also, I dont think they have a problem just chilling out and doing nothing.
THanks,
any other experiences?

Jacoby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:14 pm
oh, also I wanted to ask you- where did you swim? in a mixed beach?
I'm not comfortable with that, but I'd love to swim!

fmt4

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 10:59 am
My family (parents and siblings) go to Cape Cod almost every summer. I've been many times and had wonderful experiences. It's fun, not too expensive, there's no frum "scene" like in florida or something, and we've always had a great time. It isn't the most exciting place in the world, but if you enjoy chilling out, enjoying the water, bike riding etc. it's the perfect place. I don't know anything about hotels, we always rented a house, even if it's just you and your dh you might be able to find some cute little place I know my parents once did that. In terms of beaches, with most of them if you walk a bit you can find a private place. Also the beaches are pretty tame, no parties or anything especially during the week. Hope I helped!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 11:37 pm
Anything to do with kids in cape cod ages 10-16?

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:49 am
Biking, beachcombing if you can find a quiet spot, swimming if it fits your hashkafa, mini golfing, Plimouth plantation (reenactment of colonial times), visiting art studios, driving up to Boston for the sightseeing and activities there.

doctorima

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:57 am
Whale-watching, tons of mini golf and bumper boat and go-kart places, free potato chip factory tour and (kosher) samples, boat to Marsha's Vineyard which is fun to explore, jet ski rentals, relaxing on a private beach (pretty easy to find).

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 9:47 pm
Bike riding! Rent bikes in Falmouth and ride on the shining sea bike path. I chaperoned a teen group there a few weeks ago and they had a blast.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:42 pm
Any kosher nearby?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics