Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
One pan meal?
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:46 pm
bsy wrote:
Can you post the recipe for cheesy rice and lentil bake?

https://www.fromachefskitchen......bake/

I use less cheese and customize to my family’s preferences ( red pepper instead of green etc )

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:50 pm
cbsp wrote:
As far as I understand it, one cannot serve kosher fish sauce with chicken. There are some worcestershire sauces that were certified pareve, not "fish" due to a minute amount of the anchovy. An actual fish sauce would most likely not qualify for the batel exemption...

The recipes do look good, though. Thanks for sharing!

You are correct - I haven't used the kosher fish sauce as I didn't even know it existed. Jamie Geller's recipe is vegan.

pizza4

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:51 pm
Baked ziti in the oven, between carpools has a recipe. I add frozen mix vegetables to it.
Chicken cutlets with any sauce, spread potatoes and vegetables around.
Halved sweet potatoes face down and bake.
Baked schnitzel (look on between carpools)
Rice in the oven, add frozen vegetables to it. Or sauteed onion. You can saute onions in the oven too. Quinoa can cook in the oven too.
Quartered red potatoes tossed with sauce of mayo and ketchup.
I cook mostly in the oven.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:53 pm
This is indeed the best way to cook brown rice. I assume there is a way to cook white rice but I don't eat white rice.

COOK's ILLUSTRATED's FOOLPROOF OVEN-BAKED BROWN RICE

Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 80 minutes

Makes 4 cups

To minimize any loss of water through evaporation, cover the saucepan and use the water as soon as it reaches a boil. An 8-inch ceramic baking dish with a lid may be used instead of the baking dish and foil. To double the recipe, use a 13 by 9-inch baking dish; the baking time need not be increased.

1 1/2 cups long-, medium- or short-grain brown rice
2 1/3 cups water
2 teaspoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil - I've always used oil oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Adjust the oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread rice in 8-inch square baking dish.

2. Bring water and butter or oil to boil, covered, in medium saucepan over high heat; once boiling, immediately stir in salt and pour water over rice. Cover baking dish tightly with doubled layer of foil. Bake rice 1 hour, until tender.

3. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover. Fluff rice with dinner fork, then cover dish with clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes. Uncover and let rice stand 5 minutes longer; serve immediately.

Marathon

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 10:04 pm
Amarante wrote:
This is indeed the best way to cook brown rice. I assume there is a way to cook white rice but I don't eat white rice.

COOK's ILLUSTRATED's FOOLPROOF OVEN-BAKED BROWN RICE

Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 80 minutes

Makes 4 cups

To minimize any loss of water through evaporation, cover the saucepan and use the water as soon as it reaches a boil. An 8-inch ceramic baking dish with a lid may be used instead of the baking dish and foil. To double the recipe, use a 13 by 9-inch baking dish; the baking time need not be increased.

1 1/2 cups long-, medium- or short-grain brown rice
2 1/3 cups water
2 teaspoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil - I've always used oil oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Adjust the oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread rice in 8-inch square baking dish.

2. Bring water and butter or oil to boil, covered, in medium saucepan over high heat; once boiling, immediately stir in salt and pour water over rice. Cover baking dish tightly with doubled layer of foil. Bake rice 1 hour, until tender.

3. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover. Fluff rice with dinner fork, then cover dish with clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes. Uncover and let rice stand 5 minutes longer; serve immediately.

I didnt know the way to cook/bake brown or white rice is different. I bake white rice in the oven and theres only one step to the recipe. Put all ing in a pan cover the pan and bake on 400 for an hour

SJcookie

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 5:54 am
A lot of great ideas here. thank you!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics