Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Sushi salad shabbos day

erb17

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 6:45 pm
Is there anything you do to make sure the sushi rice stays good for shabbos day?(not hard)? Can it be made Thursday night?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 6:49 pm
erb17 wrote:
Is there anything you do to make sure the sushi rice stays good for shabbos day?(not hard)? Can it be made Thursday night?

I’ve done recipes and it advised to keep it in an air tight container on the counter and not to refrigerate it . I’ve done that a few times.

simcha2

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 6:58 pm
I use brown rice in my sushi salad. Refrigerate overnight, take out an hour or two before serving

MiriFr

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:04 pm
I mix my sushi rice with a little oil

riks

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I’ve done recipes and it advised to keep it in an air tight container on the counter and not to refrigerate it . I’ve done that a few times.

I really don't think you can leave rice out overnight. Please let your guests know if you're doing this because it can make someone sick

erb17

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:16 pm
riks wrote:
I really don't think you can leave rice out overnight. Please let your guests know if you're doing this because it can make someone sick

Yes I would be nervous to leave overnight. And don’t want to attract bugs either

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:28 pm
erb17 wrote:

I add the soy sauce and sesame oil as soon as the rice is cooked, and before refrigerated. If necessary, I add more when I take it out of the refrigerator.

gigi3

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:59 pm
Put the cooked sushi rice in a large ziplock bag in the fridge after cooking. Before serving, add this dressing:
(its for 1 1/2 cups rice - Measured when rice is raw)
2 Tbl rice vinegar, 2 Tbl red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, 5 Tbl oil, sprinkle salt and pepper

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 8:09 pm
riks wrote:

I believe the rice vinegar that’s cooked into the rice preserves it.

Candy Cane

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:02 pm
I’ve made the rice on Friday and put it in a container in the fridge. When I take out, I mix with a little bit of rice vinegar, salt, and sugar. Comes out great!

camp123

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 2:13 am
I mix with bottled rice vinegar before the rice cools. Rice I lasts for two or three days in the fridge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics