Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eyelash extensions?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:21 pm
Never had and would really like to get.

Not the kind you just stick on for the day, but the kind they do in a salon, which I guess last a few weeks?

If anyone does this, can you tell me what to expect? How long at salon to put on? How long do they last? Do you put on mascara daily as usual? Or you don't need with the extensions?
Are there different types? What should I be looking for in finding a place? What should I avoid?

Anything else I should know?

Oh, and of course equally important to all of the above.... is there a way to remove them for mikvah or they just fall out when they fall out?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:25 pm
Chiming in here too.
Just wondering if I rub off eye makeup each night, does that mean the temporary extensions won't last the full few weeks?
Also does anyone know the price range for something like this?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:27 pm
Eyelash extensions are permenant, so no issue with mikvah (acc to my rav). They fall out with your eyelash. And each eyelash has its own 2 week cycle.
The application takes 2-3 hours.
You are not allowed to wear mascara with extensions, but theres no need to anyway!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:32 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Eyelash extensions are permenant, so no issue with mikvah (acc to my rav). They fall out with your eyelash. And each eyelash has its own 2 week cycle.
You are not allowed to wear mascara with extensions, but theres no need to anyway!

So your natural eyelashes fall out?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Everyone’s does . Your eyelashes grow out and fall off. New ones are always growing in so you don’t realize .

amother
OP

amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

2-3 hours? Wow! And how often does one typically need to go in for refills if they want to keep this up? (And are refills as time consuming, or the 2-3 hours is just the initial visit)?

amother
Taupe

ra_mom wrote:

Yes. Each of your eyelashes is on its own 2 week cycle. So about every 2 weeks, you lose an eyelash. The extension is permanently glued on, so it falls out when your lash does.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
2-3 hours? Wow! And how often does one typically need to go in for refills if they want to keep this up? (And are refills as time consuming, or the 2-3 hours is just the initial visit)?

Yeah it's forever! But its relaxing. Bring music

Touch ups only take like 30-60 min, depending on when you go. Your original set should last between 2-3 weeks

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:45 pm
How much does it go for?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:49 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
How much does it go for?

Depends where you go! But between $150- $200

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 9:25 pm
I did this for a few months with an Amazing Lash Studio franchise location. Mine lasted great for about 3 weeks and looked sparse at 4 weeks. I got the least dramatic style.

There is a monthly subscription at many places for much cheaper than the price listed.

The lashes come right off with oil eye makeup remover if you need to for mikvah. Some hold that it’s like fresh hair color or fresh nails so if it’s fresh then you can wear it. Ask your LOR.

You can’t wear waterproof eyeliner and you can’t wear a sleep mask.

I usually wear a full face of makeup. With these I used lip stain and sometimes blush and felt great.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 9:30 pm
I personally think they look so fake and so obviously fake that I can point them out

Twinster

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 10:02 pm
I have another question... do you need to be on top of the schedule, like going back every two weeks? Does it look weird if you do it less often, like every 6 weeks?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 11:06 pm
Can they be done for bottom lashes, as well?

Can they cause the actual eyelashes to fall out?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 11:11 pm
Do you need to spend $150-200 every four weeks?? Some people have lashes that look like a carpet!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics